Utah!

Well sad
hit.gif
day at my house. My 8 year old daughter and I went to check on the chickens after i had been gone all morning and she had just gotten home from school. Only to find the the older chickens had killed the younger one that we had put in with them. I'm so frustrated right now. I thought i had taken care of the pecking problem. I guess i didn't do a good enough job. My son (5) is going to be so sad when he gets home and finds out. It was his chicken.

Cynthia, really cute baby! I hope it's a pullet for you.

Lisa, my lavender's eggs are still tiny- I weighed them before I set them, and they were in the 28-30 g range. Most adult hens are between 45-50. So, I wasn't too responsible in setting them. Oh well.

Sasha, thanks for the update from Hattie. Remind me what kind of chicks she's hatching? Those eggs seem pretty good size for pullet eggs. Congrats!

I'm working on getting the webcam up. It should be up within 15-20 minutes, but it's really boring right now. The egg pipped in the wrong spot, so visibility is terrible.

Lisa-what a terrible tragedy for your family and your friends' families. :( I'm so sorry. Yes, every day we wake up is a blessing.
hugs.gif
You guys should consider coming to the Wellsville Stampede (rodeo) tonight with us! Starts at 7:30.

Kid-what an awful thing to come home to. :( I'm so sorry.

Sphinx-Jill is hatching bantam wheaten Ameraucanas from show quality birds. :) Thanks for the congrats! Liz is in the coop right now, making some egg noises, not wanting to come out. She's close!

Just wanted to stop by and say HI!!!

Sorry to sphinx and Kid for your lost chickens... it is sad, but if you have chickens long enough, you will definitely lose a few, they're just not sturdy animals like horses or dogs or cats for that matter...

Congrats on all the new egg layers, YAY!!!

Congrats on all the hatching chicks, YAY!!! And SUPER cute pics...

Lisa, I read that story today on localnews8.com and wondered if you knew any of those people, soo sad that story...

I'm going to Michelle's next Saturday, FYI...

LOL Brad posted that on my facebook wall the other day. Isn't it interesting?

I've finally got the webcam up, but the picture is pretty blurry. I think there's some crud on the inside of the incubator messing with the picture. -sigh- Trying to resist the urge to do a quick wipe.

This has got to be the COOLEST thing I've seen all month! You don't have to understand Chinese in order to understand the video. How to separate the yolk from the white.
big_smile.png

http://bbs.wenxuecity.com/cooking/1160651.html

I laughed out loud at that one! I so just went and did that! LOL..it works great..but I think I will stick to my tupperware, or, just separate it with the egg shell like I usually do. My DH was standing in the kitchen when I called him over to watch, he got a kick out of it..said..ha, that's a neat thing huh? lol

Kidasoto, that is so hard to deal with. I'm so sorry. I cried pretty hard when I found that the dog had killed two of my little ones back in April. I had thought for sure that they were safe, right there in the back yard where I could keep an eye on them.

Lisa, that is so sad. I'm sorry you and yours have had that tragedy.

Cynthia, our gray EE has always had a wide nasal area. I can tell you that she's 100% female, so don't worry too much. Those EE seem to like to pull dirty tricks like that. Spiky feathers, big feet and legs, bog combs - or just the reverse with the boys
tongue.png

I am going crazy. I keep checking places in the yard that the chickens could be hiding eggs from me, but all I'm finding are rocks and empty snail shells.
barnie.gif

Oh well.........I got my revenge today, in a way, hehe. I like having a clean work environment for the girls, you see. So four of them were subjected to a Random Bug Test today, including the two suspected layers. I'm happy to report that everyone passed with flying colors.

Kidasoto, that is so hard to deal with. I'm so sorry. I cried pretty hard when I found that the dog had killed two of my little ones back in April. I had thought for sure that they were safe, right there in the back yard where I could keep an eye on them.

Lisa, that is so sad. I'm sorry you and yours have had that tragedy.

Cynthia, our gray EE has always had a wide nasal area. I can tell you that she's 100% female, so don't worry too much. Those EE seem to like to pull dirty tricks like that. Spiky feathers, big feet and legs, bog combs - or just the reverse with the boys
tongue.png

I am going crazy. I keep checking places in the yard that the chickens could be hiding eggs from me, but all I'm finding are rocks and empty snail shells.
barnie.gif

Oh well.........I got my revenge today, in a way, hehe. I like having a clean work environment for the girls, you see. So four of them were subjected to a Random Bug Test today, including the two suspected layers. I'm happy to report that everyone passed with flying colors.

thumbsup.gif

Hang in there, Red, your girls will start laying soon! I had *2* new egg layers today (maybe 3?). Liz had been staying in the coop all afternoon, making noises, scratching in the nesting boxes. She finally laid for me and it has got to be the CUTEST EGG EVER! So so so so cute!
So here's Liz in her box...

And here's my menagerie of eggs :D

From left to right: a large storebought egg (My LAST one!) Hedwig's egg, Bullet's eggs (? could be Bullet & Goldie eggs but didn't think Goldie was that close) and Liz's egg.
I've got to say it again....
SO. CUTE.

love.gif

Back
Top Bottom