Utah!

I have a second to post pictures. I am home with sleeping grand babies and the house is quiet.
Chick number one

and number two. They look the same.

Not sure if I'm going to get anymore. Time will tell. Sphinx two cute little black ones! Yay! I was thinking you haven't really been able to incubate at home very often because you usually have your incubator at school hatching eggs. I bet it has been fun having it at your house this time.
Everyone is on a hike here so I'm just getting some down time with the baby chicks and grand babies and of course trying to put the house back in order.
he.gif
Hope everyone is enjoying the holiday. Be safe everyone!

aww, aunti, aren't they fun? I am finding that the wheaten chickens are very pretty birds. And, looking forward to some pretty blue eggs. Might be later in the fall, but oh well. I am guessing mine will start to lay next, or, my blue EE. It will be fun to see who does first.

My RIR ran up to me yesterday and dropped in a squat. That's the first time I've seen a chicken do that. If she's not laying by now, she must be on strike or something. Goodness only knows why
roll.png
Or she's a Houdini. If someone could invent and egg detector, I think they'd make millions. I sure need one for the yard!

I agree, loooove the wheatens. Blue wheaten especially, they are so creamy colored and pretty :) My little blue wheatens that I got at chickenstock....sisters to the babies I hatched....started out with greenish blue eggs but have gotten much bluer. One is lighter colored, one is darker, very pretty :) I am hoping to buy some eggs from Bluejems or Daloorashens next spring, they have the boys and girls together and will have fertile eggs! yay! No shipping!

How many now Shinx..when I go to your cam, it will only move every 8 seconds or so.. it was working this morning..I see two, did you take one out? Still active as can be though, I can tell that when the cam works for me, they aren't in the same place..lol..

I love all baby chicks, but there's just something about those wheaten/blue wheaten babies that gets me. :)

Don't know that I congratulated you on your babies so far, Sphinx, so congrats! :) I love that you have a hatch cam.

Red, nothing boring about your chicken video! I loved it! It makes me happy when my chickens talk to me, just like yours do to you.

Just popping in for a sec. Don't know why the cam is so laggy.

So far, only the two, and I think it'll stay that way. When I got the two babies out into the brooder, I checked for pips, and there was none. I also tapped on the eggs. I've always heard a tap or chirp back when I've done that, but neither of them responded at all. I even had a chick that ended up not hatching chirp at me when I did that. I'm pretty sure these other two are dead in shell.
hit.gif
This has actually been my worst hatch, both emotionally and hatch rate.

Baby #2 definitely has a broader comb, and it's also definitely a rose comb. So, I figure mommy has got to be my golden laced wyandotte. Unless the BLRW has been laying all this time and doing it sneakily.

Hattie, your babies are so cute. I definitely need wheatens at some point in the future.

Sphinx
hugs.gif
Hang in there.

Sasha, thanks. I thought it might be fun to share a little moment from my yard. I love it when I get to see other peoples' yards and animals.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom