Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Cute video Red!

Sphinx, things all work out for a reason. Maybe the little ones had health issues or deformations and it just wasn't meant to be. I sure love the ones that did make it out--cute as can be :)

My daughter's Big Band Dance show is next week, finally it is here. All that rehearsing, and missing out on camping and boating (8 weekends!)....I told her she better do good or else lol! I will be sooooo glad when it is over. Too much of that. We hated missing the Labor Day camping trip this year....but thank goodness you guys were hatching chicks so it made for something fun to do. :p

It just started raining again here...nice not to have to water flowers today! I think my girls liked the break from the heat, they ran around the yard all day, did not have to worry about finding shade, their crops are all bulging clear out as they are slowly filing back into their run. Full bellies and a good nights sleep I am sure!

2. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Cute two babies, don't feel bad, been there done that with a small hatch! You all know that I have..lol..You will have fun with these two, and just think, you only have to come up with two names. :D

Red, I love seeing pictures and videos too..not too many videos. Thanks for sharing! I had a girl that talked to me just like that..and, would be under foot every time I went out. Some are so friendly. My NH is just the opposite. Could care less about me, except for treat time. She isn't mean, she just doesn't seem to have any kind of personality. I guess they call that...laid back?

3. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Lisa - YAY! Glad it's almost here! I hope your daughter gets lots of rest afterward.

Cynthia, my whole flock likes to be underfoot, especially when I have or am getting food [​IMG] I took another short video of them swarming me while I'm getting their feed, but I figured one video was enough for today.

Alright, you guys. So Lisa gave me Corvidae's number a while back so that I could call and check on her............and I totally keep chickening out. I'm kind of scared she'll be really upset with me for getting her personal number and then calling her out of the blue like some stalker. I know sometimes people just leave online places because they're tired of them, but I'm really worried about Donna and if she's okay, given everything that's been going on in her neck of the woods.

4. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Red, I know she texts....maybe you could try texting her? I have thought about it too, just don't know what to do :confused:

5. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I don't mind calling, send me her number. I can call tomorrow. I really don't think she will mind, she will be grateful to know that we care and are worried about her. I might be wrong, if so, I will apologize, and say hope to see you soon on the post. :))

6. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Red where is the video. Am I missing something? Fun stuff in you backyard. :p

Sphinx I think I've given up on my last also. The eggs were just so small. The two that had to be helped really struggled. So not the best hatch for me. :(

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  7. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Hattie, I know that sometimes those videos won't show up for folks. Sorry. Here's the YouTube link, if you'd rather:

And so sorry that both Hattie and Sphinx have had such a difficult hatch this time around. Hugs to you both.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  8. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    You're absolutely right. Having had to cull a chick, I can say with zero reservation that I would rather a chick not hatch, than to have a sick/deformed chick come out, and then need to be euthanized later. Best of luck to your daughter with her big band show. I hope things go really well for her.

When I met Corvidae, she seemed like a really nice, sweet person. I honestly can't see her being anything but touched that we're all so worried about her.

9. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Pictures. [​IMG] Of babies. [​IMG]

auntie, sorry for asking, I know you have talked about this a number of times..when are you coming out this way...I forget. [​IMG] Are you picking up chicks on your way back I assume? I know you will be picking up the wheaten on the way..but you aren't going to want to have little ones with you during your trip to Idaho.

Our church time has changed to 9. I don't mind..I get up with the chickens anyway. [​IMG]

I sure hope there are pictures of the babies when I get back.
    [​IMG]

There, there's my silliness for today. Maybe. :)

10. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    What, live video feed isn't good enough? Once I eat breakfast, I'll take a couple pics.

Yoohoo, Sundance! I'm dying to hear how your cat show went. And how your hatch went. Did you get a good rate on those legbars? What genders?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by