Utah!

Thanks, everyone, for the congrats and votes of confidence with my new potential job.
wink.png

Cynthia, I think someday I may have to try Silkies. Your girls are so, so pretty! Thanks for the picture of Elvis. Yes, she has so many feathers on top of that head, but not nearly as many as the two polish girls I have here still. They really, truly can't see. I want to cut a few of their feathers back, but some of them are still blood feathers (new feathers) so to cut them would be....not good. Auntie Hattie & her sister are going to be taking them this week....they can do some trimming in a couple weeks.
tongue.png
Speaking of which...

Jill, what time do you think you'll be coming through Brigham City area? I have to be at Petsmart at 3...I'd either have to leave Brigham by 2:20pm to make it back to Logan, or I could meet you at about 4-4:30.

PS-Jill, aren't those little banty cochin eggs the cutest? Oh. My. Goodness.

Last edited:
Funny that you're all posting about your girls slowing down, I just posted in the ID thread about that... My OE pullet laid for about a month and hasn't laid for almost a month now... I'm starting to think something scared her or something like that, because everything else checks out... not sick, no mites, not broody... hmmmm....

Also, my EE's are molting... so my egg basket is all brown right now, still pretty eggs, but I really like getting all the colors, can't wait for these Leghorn EEs, Ameracauna and FBCMs to start laying, that will be fun!!

Jill, I keep forgetting to say that after I saw that pic of your bantam cochin, we named our buff bantam cochin pullet Honey, also, because she's so sweet and looks like honey=) She's not as old as yours, though, hopefully will start laying in October...

Cynthia, I had to post about my LEghorn EE pullet I got from you... She has so much personality it cracks me up!! I was going to take her to my mom's place, but she is so funny, I might just keep her here to watch her. She is in the grow-out pen still, which has a 4-ft tall fence, and she has decided she likes it better in the yard, so every morning when we let them out of their house, she flies out and just wanders around doing her chicken thing. She likes to fly up into the lower branches of my little fruit trees I have too, and sometimes she'll fly back in with her friends. She'll always come running if I bring out scraps and then she paces along the fence like, "Hey, let me in!" without flying back in, silly bird!

Sundance... that little black bantam cochin is finally fitting in with everyone else, she's still little miss attitude, though, it makes me laugh.

Hoping for eggs anytime from my Marans BSL, her "sister" the blue orp has been laying for a solid 2 weeks, and they're about the same age, so keeping my fingers crossed, like Red=) The BA and the OE from Michelle should follow soon thereafter, and then it will snow and I might just have to buy eggs again, ***sigh*** I don't think I'll run lights, it seems to me that it's ok for them to take a break, I suspect some of them will keep laying, anyway...

Jill, can't wait to see that pretty girl from Cynthia on Tuesday!!

D'oh! I forgot to say something about your interview, Sasha. WAY TO GO! Knock 'em dead
celebrate.gif

Forget the cute egg - now I want to hold Honey. She looks so sweet!
There's always so much going on on this thread, it's easy to forget everything you want to reply to! Thanks so much!
Once I'm employed there, I'm going to see how long it takes me to get them to stock chicken equipment in the store.
lau.gif

The PetSmart back home (in WI) stocks horse supplies!

Sasha I will probably be coming through later after you have been to Petsmart. Is that ok? Cynthia I think I might be at your place around 2ish. You have to understand I'm coming with my daughter and she will be driving her car and I with be in our truck to haul all her stuff. :/ I really don't know how soon she will be able to be ready getting last minute things in the cars and such. Saying goodbyes and yada yada yada. ( I am not worrying about that part yet!) :(
I really hope I'm not making this difficult for everyone involved.

Daloorashens haha I love that you named you Cochin Honey. My 2 year old grand daughter named mine. It was her chicken.:)

I keep walking around with her tiny egg. It is smaller than a Cadbury chocolate egg. I pretty much relate everything to chocolate in my life.:D

Cynthia, I started to post and then wandered off before i hit "post", so I missed the photos of your chickens. They are so gorgeous. You should consider showing that silkie I think.

Hattie, congrats on that egg from Honey. So cute! If you decide you want a rest stop at my place on your way up, I'm more than happy to say hi. I'm on the border of Davis and Weber Counties. About 90 minutes from Cynthia, and 45ish from Sasha.

Delarooshens, I hope she lays for you soon.

I'm on pins and needles for my cream legbar to lay.

900x900px-LL-0b8f4947_GEDC0007.jpeg

Look! Iddy is getting her beard (on one side so far)!! She's just finishing molting and stating to get the crest back, she's so tame too. (Got her from Hatty)

Last edited:
Iddy is so pretty! I really need to get a silkie.

Sasha, forgot to mention earlier, I think chicken supplies make perfect sense at the pet store. You'll make them a fortune, and they'll give you a raise!

I am thinking I just need to post my chicken wishes here, because as soon as I do, they come true. I am 99% sure that the egg in the nest box today was from the legbar. It seemed more blue, the shape was different, and you know those little calcium bumps that occasionally turn up on eggs? Every egg from my ameraucana has a bunch at the pointy end, and this egg is perfectly smooth. I can't do an exact comparison because not two minutes before I collected eggs, I gave everything I had to my SIL because she goes through eggs much more quickly than me. I really wished I'd kept an ameraucana egg back. Oh, also, I don't usually get them every day, and I got one yesterday. Sooooo.....
wee.gif

I hope everyone is having a fun Labor Day. I think this has been our most uneventful one ever. We're always camping. With the awful weather, I'm glad we broke tradition.

I guess you guys are going to make me talk to myself.

Cynthia, did you ever get a hold of Corvidae?

Sundance, you home yet? I'm dying to hear about your show and your hatch.

Lastly, I was really freaked out when I saw Potsy laying like this. I snapped the picture, then tapped on the glass, hoping it'd be a funny picture and not a "OMG MY CHICK IS BROKEN" picture. It's a funny picture.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom