Utah!

I guess you guys are going to make me talk to myself.

Cynthia, did you ever get a hold of Corvidae?

Sundance, you home yet? I'm dying to hear about your show and your hatch.

Lastly, I was really freaked out when I saw Potsy laying like this. I snapped the picture, then tapped on the glass, hoping it'd be a funny picture and not a "OMG MY CHICK IS BROKEN" picture. It's a funny picture.
wink.png

I am home. None of the legbars hatched but I had a couple of my EE Americana mix eggs hatch. My poor broken leg dog isn't doing very well he has quit using his leg at all. I took him to my friends ER clinic in Orem and had his cast changed. Cynthia met me there and I got the two polish from here. The show was the biggest show i've ever been to. 500 cats. I did ok, and enjoyed the show immensely.

Oh, Sundance, I am so sorry about none of the legbars hatching. That is so disappointing!! I can't believe not a single one hatched. Do you want me to save some of my ameraucana (and maybe legbar?) eggs for you to try incubating? I'd be happy to give them to you. Of the four I incubated, two developed, and one unexpectedly died in the shell just before pipping, so the hatch rate hasn't been fabulous, but it's worth a try. I'm sorry your little dog's not doing well. He's seemed like he was recovering nicely when I saw him, I bet that was a nasty surprise. I'm glad you did "ok" at the show (does that mean you only won most of the awards?). It sounds quite exciting, I'd love to go to one someday.

UtahChickenDad, I was really torn on the picture. If it turned out to be not funny, I would've deleted it and sobbed. But, she'd been running around the tank perfectly healthy less than 10 minutes earlier, so I was fairly sure she was ok.

Wendy, that picture is hilarious!
lol.png
A raise before I even get the job sounds great to me.
cool.png

Diana, this must have been your Sphinx Cat National? I'm glad you had a great time. I hope your little doggy's leg gets better soon.

Sphinx, that picture weirded me out. I'm glad she seems okay! She'd better stay okay. Gulp!

Sundance, glad you're back. Sorry your doggy is struggling. Which cats did you show?

Well, I got a nice surprise for Labor day. First egg?

Oh, wait. It's a rock, isn't it? Dangit..................I need that face-slap emoticon that someone said reminded them of Hitler.

Okay, to be totally serious now - we got a fence up! Yay! My mom and I went and got the stuff at Lowe's today and spent a while out back. It isn't the nicest job, or the fanciest, but it's certainly functional. And, now we don't have to worry about them wandering into neighbors' yards or getting eaten by dogs.

I had to laugh. The chickens and turkeys were pacing the fence on both sides before we'd even completed it. I think birds have this attraction to fences that makes them panic, no matter how short of a fence it is
roll.png
The younger ones weren't happy to be "caged", but they need to get used to it. There are just too many dogs running free around here.

And for fun, here are a few more pictures.

Chuck Norris is in ur rosebush. Eatin' ur berries.

My brother with one of the EE's (Serah) on his shoulder. He looks like a zombie because he's trying not to make any sudden moves. Serah is flighty.

My mom with one of the BR's on her lap. This is a bad angle of her - if she catches me putting this picture up, she'll go, "Oh, great! I look fat." The BR jumped up on her shoulder and wanted loves.

Hope everyone's having fun and staying safe!

Here you go red...

Soon, you will have lots of eggs, and because you have waited soo long for them, you will get a few this size.

Then,...............you will have those Icelandics laying lots of eggs
so I can get some, and hatch this many!

See, this is how fertile they will be!
Plus, you will be hatching your own,

And you will be like the rest of us..except for Brad..and need to find homes for lots of baby chicks. Ta Da!

Then, no more shakin in your boots, when you go out every morning, wondering..is there an egg..just one egg?

Here ya go cutie..see ya!

Shinx, that looks way scary! I would have slumped down and been close to tears. Soo happy that baby is ok..isn't that everyone's fav?!

Last edited:
Thanks Cynthia
lol.png
hugs.gif

So, I feel a little dumb. I just went to grab that bronze turkey to throw her in the garden area, and I finally figured out why her wings look so weird. They're clipped
th.gif
She's someone's bird. I'm going to talk to my uncle and see if he can find out if any neighbors lost a bird. If we can find the owner, I'd be happy to return her. Except I feel bad because I accidentally removed a handful of feathers grabbing her tonight..........

Last edited:
Oh Potsy is pooped out haha! Love that picture. What a cute baby! We got trees this weekend, many many bushes and trees. Got one hole dug and one tree planted :/ This may take awhile. No camping for us either darn it, we had to stay home for this &^%$ dance show of my daughter's. Opening night tomorrow. Then every night, all night, all week. Then she collapses and gets to rest up. She needs it! AFTER she cleans her room.....

Hattie, I agree with you on the chocolate comparisons. That is why i am so obsessed with getting these FBCM eggs :)

Sundance, glad you made it back safe! Dang it to those chicks not hatching! Glad you had a couple of the others at least. Red, cute pics. the fence looks great! No more dog dinners from your yard, hooray!

Cynthia, funny post lol good ones!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom