Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Wait, you stole someones turkey? Then you pulled it's feathers out?

Can you I give you any more guff today?

When are you coming over here so I can give you a hug? Tuesday, right?

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    To my knowledge [​IMG] I forgot about it. Thanks for reminding me! Now I have something fun to look forward to tomorrow.

I didn'a steal no turkey. She magically got into my uncle's back yard, which was where he caught her. I'm serious about finding the owner, though. I know I would love it if someone returned my GLW, adopted BO, and Marans to me. I still am having a hard time not believing that the neighbors had something to do with it. Because I'm not paranoid..........

Well tonight was quite the night. After getting the fence up, we decided to relocate the collection of kennels that serve as chicken housing. Everyone's now down in the garden area, which threw a lot of the chickens off. It was sure a noisy process. I'm glad we got it done before dark so that the neighbors could go to bed [​IMG]

(If you're easily grossed out, please don't read this next part!)

Oh yeah, I forgot to ask - Has anyone here ever had a chicken barf on them? I didn't even know it was possible, and then I had one of my pullets do it to me today. I figure it's because she gorged herself on water before I picked her up, and then I must have put too much pressure on her crop when picking her up. She's okay, though.

3. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    yes, have a had a chicken do that when I've held her too hard around the crop..oops..sorry baby didn't mean to do that is what I always tell them, they don't have to apologize. :p

Well, I got to hug on sundance yesterday..will get see auntie and red and get hugs from them..how fun to see our people on here.

I hear either Elvis or the NH yelling at me. They haven't been let out yet this morning. Spoiled little stinks.

Sundance..did you get pictures of the cast on your doggy? What a cute little thing. What a face. You should get a close up of his face, just darling.
    Hope you sound the perfect spot for your new polish. It will be fun having a few of on here comparing pictures of our polish.
    You, Lisa, and I all have the BCW's now. They sure got a lot of grey in those wings, but I think they are pretty.

My first set of Turkens are in lock down today. Big eggs. I wonder if they will hatch on the day..or the day after. Very active babies though. :))

Out to the coop..I go, with treats in hand..and they know it.

4. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Wow! This was on my Aunt's FB this morning, cool picture! Says it is the real colors of this pretty baby. Interesting huh? Especially they eyes.
    [​IMG]

5. sundancenbare

sundancenbare Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Taylorsville Utah
    My Turkin died last night. If she wasn't better I was going to put her down. I think she was injured at the fair then got egg bound due to the injury, She was one of the first chicks I got so it really made me sad

6. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Cynthia12

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    Have to share this one! amazing!

8. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Oh, Sundance, I am so sorry. I knew she was one of your very favorites. I was really hoping she'd recover.[​IMG] Sounds like you're having a rough week.

Red, I'm cracking up at your pictures, and even more so at your turkey thieving ways! I'm surprised nobody posted a missing turkey on KSL.

Lisa, with the weather being so bad, I'm thinking you're better off not having camped over the weekend. Those trees will be really nice in your yard when they get bigger. I bet you can't wait for your daughter's dance thing to be over.

Cynthia, good luck on your turken hatch. Hope it goes smoothly.

Today was the first day of school here, and for the first time, I have ALL of my children in school. Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Considering my oldest is in 9th grade, it's been a long time coming.

9. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Awww Sundance, I'm so sorry [​IMG] Hugs to you. She was a pretty girl. I'm glad I got to see her at the fair - just so mellow and sweet. I love those turkens, even if they throw you off at first when looking at them. Hope your week gets better, lady.

Sphinx, I did check KSL to see if anyone was claiming a lost turkey, but all I found were turkeys for sale. Either the owner doesn't use KSL, or they aren't bothering to try and find the bird. I'm still going to keep an ear open for anyone missing a juvenile bronze. And how awesome is that that your kids are all in school now? I'll bet it feels kind of weird to have it so quiet at home.

Lisa, I've seen that picture. Pretty!

Did some fixes this morning on "the game preserve". There were a couple of spots where the ground was uneven enough that the chickens could slip under the fence. I blocked one off with a big slab of rock (since it was back in a rosebush) and then wired a piece of rain gutter mesh along the other spot. When I let the chickens out of their pens, the first thing some of them did was to rush that spot. Kind of funny to watch them bounce back, try again, bounce back, and then give the fence a funny look. Hmm, nope! Not gonna work this time, little birdies [​IMG] I forget sometimes how smart chickens are. One of the Icee cockerels actually opened the gate last night...............I don't think he did it intentionally, but that's what I get for leaving it unlatched.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  10. SashaT

SashaT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Cynthia, I like happy days when I get to visit face to face with chicken friends, too. I'll be seeing Auntie Hattie later today as well. We'll be swapping some birds, so that's a bonus! :)

Lisa, I've seen that pretty kitty's picture on FB before, too. It's so interesting! Very neat.

Sundancen, I'm so sorry you lost your turken. :(

Did anyone do anything fun for Labor Day? I've been so busy I thought about it too late, but called some cousins anyway. They all had things going on with their spouse's families. So we BBQ'd baby back ribs and enjoyed them ourselves. Mmmmm, good!

This afternoon I go back in to Petsmart for the Yay or Nay. I'm trying not to think about it because I'll just get my anxiety up, so I'm staying busy with VTing in just a bit here and picking peaches to make some peach jam.

I hope everyone has a Terrific Tuesday!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by