Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Whittni, that is a beautiful little rooster.

Sundance, I'm not surprised that breeder didn't do the right thing. That really sucks though. Good luck with the aracauna hatching. Did you candle the eggs to see if they're all good.

Jealous of those that got to meet Hattie today.

Sasha, Congrats on the job!!!!! I told you so!

Red, I think you'll like having that fence up.

I chatted a bit with the vet at USU today, and she really put my mind at ease with my dead chicken, so I feel much better about that situation.

And, today I definitively know that my legbar is laying because I got two blue eggs today (well, one is probably more green than anything, but hey, it counts as blue in my book!).

Here they are:

[​IMG]

2. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Pretty eggs, Sphinx! Wahoo!

I'm noticing a disturbing trend that's developing here. When I walk outside and am in sight of the chickens and turkeys, they freak out and pace the fence like madmen. Several of them insist on flying up to the top of the fence and perching to watch me/receive loves. As soon as I'm back inside the house, they settle down and are quite content to wander around grazing. They have no interest in flying over the fence unless a human is out there.

Okay, traffic should be settled enough by now. Time to go see Cynthia! [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2012
  3. SashaT

SashaT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Northern Utah
    Thanks, everyone! I'm so excited. Yes, I expect to have them converted to chickendom by this time next year. [​IMG]

I just got back from meeting with Jill (Auntie Hattie). She was running behind schedule and still has a bit of a drive ahead of her. I'm so in love with these bantam Ameraucana babies she gave me! Such little fluff balls of adorableness! I'm babysitting the Birchen Cochins she got from Cynthia for a few days as well. :) Jill took Storm, my pretty bantam Polish girl, to give to her sister....and Jill will be bringing back a couple mille fleur bantam cochins for me from her sister. [​IMG]

Sphinx, congrats on the Legbar laying! What a pretty blue egg. [​IMG]

Whittni-you have one handsome boy there.

Sundance, good luck on your Araucana hatch!

4. SashaT

SashaT Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 26, 2012
    Northern Utah
    I keep forgetting to post this! Liz, in her favorite nesting box, the 2nd time she laid one of her oh-so precious eggs. (Nope, still don't have the built-in nest boxes built...too much going on!)

[​IMG]

5. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Red, they're just excited to see you. Have fun meeting with Cynthia!!

Sasha, Liz is so beautiful! So jealous on the mille fleurs. They are so gorgeous.

Ok, I hate to jinx myself, but I just feather sexed the two chicks, and both appear to be girls. I've had fairly great success with feather sexing marans, and marans crosses, so it'd be really, really awesome if I was right. Time will tell...

6. auntie hattie

auntie hattie Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 28, 2011
    Hey can anyone pm me daloorashens phone number?

7. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Sphinx, nice eggs! That legbar egg looks VERY blue, is it really ? Lucky?!!!!! Now I am going to have egg envy for a whole season longer UGH!
    Whittni, cute cute rooster.
    Sasha, you rock! Congratulations, I am SOooo happy for you! I will look for you when I am in there, we go in there a ton.;)
    Red, Pics of your new babies please! please! What did you get?

Jill, did you get Mesha's phone number? Call me if you still need it I have it. EDIT I just realized you just asked a few minutes ago so I am sending to you!

Blujems, WHERE ARE YOU lol you have been very very GONE!!!! You too phoenix. Don't forget about your old pals on here now because you guys are too much a kick in the pants to not be posting once in awhile :D :D :D :D I am wondering how that splash roo is, is he crowing....and if you are getting more eggs.....very exciting. :D

8. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Whee, visited with Cynthia for a while. Picked up two very pretty little chicks, thanks to both Cynthia and Aunt Hattie. I'll need to get pictures later, though. Too tired tonight. Good night everyone, be safe.

9. Urbanchickenmom

Urbanchickenmom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2012
    So I am new to all of this and I was just looking on here and noticed the forum for Utah!!
    That is so awesome there are so many of us!! We live in Fruit Heights area we are having so much fun!!
    I am getting obsessed!! Not sure if my hubby is as crazy for the girls as I am:) I can't wait to get my coop up so when I do I'll post some pictures! We have three older ones(well only 13 weeks) and we have three 1 week old chicks! They are just way too cute!! I'll post some pics of them:)
    Well I better turn this thing off or I am going to be one ohnrey mom in the morning to my four kids who just started school:)

10. blujems

blujems Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Hi, we are still around.
    The splash rooster and the cuckoo rooster are gone, they were too flighty for us.

The Goat is doing well, and has finally quit limping. Hopefully the scars will fade.

We are getting the 2 cuckoo maran eggs and the old english eggs almost daily and the old Americana that we had has picked up and lays about 4 times a week. We are getting overwhelmed with eggs. And we still have the wheaten and the FBCMs to start laying. They are starting to pink up.

Still around, and checking in to keep an eye on everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by