Utah!

Okay, I've commandeered my brother's computer, for the moment. I don't know what to do with my laptop. I thought I had it fixed, but guess not.

ANYway - I was pretty shocked when I opened the coop just a bit ago to look inside, and sitting there on the floor were not one, but two eggs! I honestly hadn't expected to find any. If you look at the picture where I'm holding them, I'm pretty sure the longer one on the bottom is from my RIR, and the top, more rounded one is from the BSL. Ah, good girls! It's about time you gave me an egg! By the looks of these, if they aren't both a first egg, then the girls haven't been hiding many eggs from me. And I thought it was weird that I saw the RIR hanging out in the run this morning, instead of in the garden area. The BSL may have been with her......

I got pictures of the new chicks (no really, these ARE my last ones for a while) but I can't upload them without my laptop. Bah. Sorry all, I'm gonna make you wait a bit for those.

Before my computer crashes again

ya.gif

thumbsup.gif

RED!!!!! YAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!!! I wish I could have been there to see the look on your cute face lol! Priceless I am sure!

Blujems---:th

Those are some nice looking chickens! Woot!

Last edited:
Thank you all for the very warm welcome!
So here are my girls
So these are my new baby girls!
Two of them are Austrelops and the other is a Barred Plymouth rock

My older girls are Sarah an EE Sunny and Buff orpington Rose a RIR
Sarah and Rose are 13 weeks and Sunny is 7!
We are just having sooo much fuN!!
Next Wed I get four more!!!
3 Favorolls I rare Maren
Can't wait ill send pics!!

Wooohoo!!! Congrats Red!!!! Sorry about your laptop dying; what a pain.

Cynthia, I did see that feed recall. I wasn't worried because 1- I don't use that brand and 2- My chickens are outside for hours a day, so I think they'll naturally get enough vitamin D. I'm glad you passed it along. I'm jealous you got to meet Jill and Whittni! I'm sorry your chick wasn't a partridge. I know that's what you were really hoping for.

Blujems, great flock! I think that wheaten ameraucana is gorgeous!

UrbanChickenMom, sounds like the chicken math is already catching up with you. Really cute kids, and nice looking chickens. What kind of marans are you getting, do you know?

Sometime soon I'll have to take a picture of my FBCM pullet. She's 21 weeks old now, and getting soooo pretty. I know her coloring is too dark to be a good SQ bird- she's like her brother in that their orange is more of a dark mahogany. I think it's pretty though. After Sundance's experience at the chicken show, I'm even more skittish about showing.

Ok, what's up with this?? They aren't supposed to hatch until Fri.! I went into the room to check on my little lonely, and I heard a very loud peep, at first I thought, wow, little one is coming along, then I could tell where the sound was coming from. I thought I heard a peep coming from the bator earlier, but I just thought no, not this early, must have been the little one.
Well, I was snatching NN necks out left and right, because there are so many not pipped..there is one pipped now, and when I flashed the light on them, there was one egg that almost turned to one side.
I'm not seeing any barred or white, but I do believe the third one is going to be a splash! :))
Funny little critters...sooo strong! A couple of picture of my little Silkie.

First one still wet, but that head is up, and it's talkin!

My bluek Silkie is going to be a dark blue, tiny next to the others!

First one by the Silkie

Fluffed out a bit, has a nice bow tie

The middle one came second, then the light blue, it has hardly
any naked neck.

The first is drying out fast...I have to wonder how long it was
out before I knew it. lol..

The second one is close in color, but think that yellow will be white.
I wonder how many more will hatch tonight, or tomorrow.
If I have any left in there tomorrow, will have to leave them until Fri.!

Cynthia! Oh my gosh, those babies are so cute!
love.gif
So so cute. Feisty little ones, by the sound of it.

Urban, love the pictures. You've got some sweet little ones there, both the feathered and non-feathered types
smile.png

So, I realized today that we're going to be getting eggs now! It's not just a one-time thing. This is like Christmas. Or maybe the twelve days of Christmas. Except a lot longer. I am doing this right now
ya.gif
Thanks everyone for your patience and support with a fellow egg nut. I fried up the RIR's egg tonight. It was delicious.

Back
Top Bottom