Utah!

Cynthia i am soooooo jealous of those babies! They are so awesome! I wish I lived right next door I would be booking it over to your place to see these in person, they are very cool and unique. LOVE the dark blue silkie too!

Woke up to two more, one is like the last one posted, the one with the yellow and black head, and a pure yellow, guessing, there is one of my whites. :) Two more are pipped, three left that are not pipped. These eggs are very large, every bit as large as my leghorns, some bigger. And, they come in different colors. That's something that will be fun to watch for..some are cream with reddish speckles. Some are the brown/red..some are a light brown, some from the other breeder that goes into lock down this weekend, are white. She sent a lot of cream colored ones, and a couple of browns.
My tiny tiny pullet eggs ~ three are still thriving..I got them for free from someone that wanted to see how they would do. She sells on here. Only three have made it this far, when I saw how tiny they were, I really didn't think any would make it this far! Bantam cochins, and some could be frizzled, they are supposed to be the lemon colored on the neck, and buff body...and I have two bantam eggs that are mixed. Due to go into lock down on Sun.
A lady is sending me free Silkies, I think I told you all this before. She and I have been visiting back and forth for a long time now..really just got to talking. Now friends on fb. She is a sweetheart..just got married. She has gotten some paint silkies and wants to see how they do..she wants to start selling again on here. My Cotton came from her, the pure white Silkie. Beautiful bird.
Out to the coops. I put my three Polish in with the Silkies last night. They were afraid at first, but got better throughout the day. The Silkies don't peck at them, just push them off..but they have pretty much gotten used to it. Glad for that. My little cockeral Polish that I hatched, and was a bad boy for being a boy...:( is going to Richfield at the end of the month. Nice big area for him to run around. He's going to be soo pretty. I hope the guy posts pictures of him when he is big.

Whoa Cynthia, that's a lot of Hatchin'! FUN!

I have to share an exciting thing with you guys. !!!!

:clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap :clap

It IS BLUE! One of my Wheatens from pawtraitart started laying. OMG it is BEAUTIFUL!! And so big! Wow! Made my day, my week....and maybe my whole month!

Last edited:
Cynthia!!! I can't believe they were hatching early! You lucky duck!

Red, glad you finally got to eat an egg you grew yourself.

Lisa, that is a gorgeous egg! I am so happy for you.

Cynthia did you ever call corvidae? I've just been scanning posts so I may have missed an update.

How can you tell the difference between green and blue eggs? I know that sounds dumb but some pictures I've seen of "blue" eggs really look green to me. I am hoping for a blue egg layer down the road.

Right now the EE that is laying is laying huge eggs! Even her first egg was big. The rest of my layers (Welsummer, BO, BR and SS) are still laying medium sized eggs. Will they ever get large?

Check out this egg from the EE. She laid a regular egg on Monday then laid this big one (which I'm going to crack open today) on Wednesday then she skippe a day and I already got an egg this morning. I'm very impressed with her thus far.

u6u6ahy5.jpg

It's even bigger than the store bough XL eggs that I sometimes have to buy to supplement out eggs until they are all laying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisa..that is a pretty blue..congrats to you. It finally happened! Now, if I can just get my green egg. I have that one lonely baby that made it, it is a blue chick, but it came from a nice olive green egg..soo, will see if it's a girl before I start counting how many months I have to wait for an egg!

Shinx, can you believe it? Finally, a..not only good hatch, but a great hatch too..more are hatching at this moment. Looks like three more whites, from the feathers that I can see...and a black. I wish all my chickens would hatch like this! I have more Turkens going into lock down on the weekend, now I'll be watching for them to hatch two days early..lol..probably won't happen. I have to say, these little ones are growing on me. Very strong babies too...no more hatching showgirls for a while, but I do have those free Silkies coming, and she said she packed at least 20! Alrighty then! I should get some to hatch out of that many, you would think!!

Lisa, stop smiling. lol..no, you go right ahead, you've waited a long time for that egg! That's great news. :))

Cynthia did you ever call corvidae? I've just been scanning posts so I may have missed an update.
How can you tell the difference between green and blue eggs? I know that sounds dumb but some pictures I've seen of "blue" eggs really look green to me. I am hoping for a blue egg layer down the road.
Right now the EE that is laying is laying huge eggs! Even her first egg was big. The rest of my layers (Welsummer, BO, BR and SS) are still laying medium sized eggs. Will they ever get large?
Check out this egg from the EE. She laid a regular egg on Monday then laid this big one (which I'm going to crack open today) on Wednesday then she skippe a day and I already got an egg this morning. I'm very impressed with her thus far.
u6u6ahy5.jpg

It's even bigger than the store bough XL eggs that I sometimes have to buy to supplement out eggs until they are all laying.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I never did get her phone number..so no, I didn't call corvidae. Aren't those new large eggs fun? Bet it's a double for sure. Let us know! :)

Kimmy, the difference between blue and green is very subtle, and frankly, I have a hard time discerning it sometimes. A lot of times, "blue" looks either mostly white to me, or like a seafoam green. That is a huge egg from your EE! My chickens are produced a fairly large egg once they got things going, though my one wyandotte's weren't all that big. The ones this time around are larger. My lavender ameraucana's eggs are still quite small. The legbar just started laying, and her eggs are already bigger. My old fbcm laid ENORMOUS eggs (i.e. couldn't fit them in the carton).

If Cynthia did get in touch in with Corvidae, I missed the update too.

Did anyone enter chickens in the state fair? I think I want to plan my fair visit for when the chickens are there, and after judging. It appears that they'll be judged at 9am 9/11. So, I was thinking that evening I'd go. Is anyone else going?

Oh, crossposted with Cynthia.

I just searched my inbox, and I have Corvidae's number, so I just texted her. I'll let you know if she responds.

Back
Top Bottom