Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Whittni

Whittni Overrun With Chickens

Mar 26, 2011
    Southern Utah
    Wheaten Old English Game Bantam :) <3

2. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Glad to hear from you! Your neighbors dog has hopefully stopped being a pain in the butt....glad your goat is healing up ok. You still have the wyandottes? I think the older FBCM I got is turning out really nice, their faces are kind of weird, their eyes are not as pretty as some chickens, but the plumage is really pretty....cannot WAIT til we get those brown eggs, i hope it is not too much longer :) They have all been very sweet, nice temperament, they pretty much keep to themselves, I really like that about them. So good to hear how you are doing!

Urbanchickenmom, glad you found us Utah chicken geeks,....you are in good company for sure. Look forward to seeing pics of your girls!

3. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Welcome UrbanChickenMom! Nice to see someone else from Davis here! I'm definitely way more into the chickens than my husband. He's generally just long suffering about the whole thing.

BluJems, glad that your goat is feeling better. Will the scars impact her at shows? Did you make the neighbor pay for the damage done?

Lisa, how old is your older FBCM? Mine is 21 weeks. I'm starting to get excited about when she'll lay eggs.

Red, can't wait to see your new chicks.

4. blujems

blujems Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    No, the scars won't affect her...So glad she stopped limping, I was afraid there was going to be permanent nerve damage.

They have the dog chained up and we haven't had any more issues with them. Plus they gave money to us for all the supplies we used on her.
    I am excited for the eggs for sure. The birds are beautiful, I will see if I can get pics of them.

5. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Blu, I'm glad to hear that your neighbors paid for supplies for the goat. Glad she's healing up ok, too. I would have been sick if that had been my animal. I have a purebred black Ameraucana cockerel that I need to get rid of, if Daloorashens decides she doesn't want him. Not sure if your friends need a boy or not, but if they do, he's here.

Urbanchickenmom, welcome! Glad you joined us [​IMG] Fruit Heights is a nice area. What breed(s) of chickens do you have?

I still need to get pictures of the little ones from Hattie. I'm feeling pretty sure these two are girls, which means I have a good group now for breeding. How exciting! I know Cynthia wants eggs, and it will be fun to see what kind of chicks hatch out from these guys as parents. For now, though, I just get to enjoy the growing up stages [​IMG]

Hey Brad, thanks for the tip about the mesh from Lowe's. That's where my mom and I went to get our fencing stuff. And Lisa, thank you for the tip on the green T-stakes!

6. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
  7. Cynthia12

Cynthia12 Always Grateful Premium Member

Apr 11, 2010
    Utah
    I got hugs yesterday..from Jill and Whitney...
    [​IMG]

two very sweet and caring people!

red was very happy with here two Icelandics. They are very pretty, I like the one with the little top. :)

My loner hatched, it isn't a partridge! It's a blue, a dark blue. I will never get my partridge. I thought this gal only had partridge in the eggs she sent. Guess I thought wrong, or she sent some of her moms..she hatches the BBS. Well, I got one of the blues. Very high vault, going to be gorgeous. Just not sure I wanted another blue.

So, Jill if you want a dark blue Silkie, stop by on your way back. Maybe you will see this. Maybe not. ?

Red, please tell me you found an egg today. Please?! :))

8. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    i am glad i could pass along the tip :) for those that do not know, you can get huge rolls of chicken wire and thicker chicken wire too at lowes for cheap, its by the stucco and rebar and cement and all that stuff, its so much cheaper than buying it by the little rolls in the fencing department. in other news i now have two broody girls, a ee and the spr from cynthia. grrr and i need eggs bad and the girls have slowed down because of the storms, i mean 3 eggs from 12 girls is just not enough.

9. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Before my computer crashes again

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. blujems

blujems Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 24, 2012
    Thought I would share a few pics of the birds.
    First up is Frederick
    [​IMG]
    Glimmer the SLW

[​IMG]
    Here is the FBCM Rooster and one of the hens....Not named yet.

[​IMG]
    FBCM Hen

[​IMG]
    And the Pretty Wheaten Ameraucana

[​IMG]
    Group shot

[​IMG]
    Blue breasted Old English

[​IMG]
    Blue Breasted old english Rooster.

[​IMG]
    Group shot of all the eggs so far.