Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. Ithildyn

Ithildyn Out Of The Brooder

Sep 9, 2012
    Southwest Utah
    The two blacks are Pepper and Poppy (as in poppy seed), the Reds are Paprika and Cayenne, and Golds are Nutmeg and Zazzles. She was initially cinnamon, but as a chick she was twice as big as the others and was the escape artist, and my brother started calling her Zazzles. Yeah, went for a naming theme :)

Will try and get a picture up soon. [​IMG]

2. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Great names! Love Zazzles. :D

If nobody wants this window, the DH says it is going to the DI this week so be sure to let me know if you want it! Last call hehe....

Red, what to do about your eggs! Maybe they are just so happy playing at your place and exploring that they are taking their sweet time getting down to business. I hope you don't have any egg eaters...No bits of shell around the yard, right? That is the very last idea I could come up with. :idunno

3. sundancenbare

sundancenbare Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2012
    Taylorsville Utah
    I am exhausted. Went out early this morning. Hubby built the floor frame, I painted the underside of the boards that are going to be the floor, The top will be covered by vinyl flooring, we then leveled the ground where the coop is going to go. Going out after dinner and put the pavers on the level ground and put the floor on them. Our son finally came over and helped us level. The neaighbors came over and helped us move the coop out of the way and unload the pavers from the truck to back in the chicken run. I sold the Orloff today so the only chicken I have for sale now is the Barnvelder and I don't care if I sell her or not. I also have some easter egger chicks for sale. Lisa the Window won't work in the barn we are building. Darn it. I'll just need to keep looking.

4. MoriahQuilts

MoriahQuilts Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 29, 2011
    UT
    Did you try KSL? That's where I got windows and doors. Guy had bought a storage unit...
    WELCOME!!
    So sorry. I would keep them separated, if you decide to keep them, and treat them all. Some have good results with Denegard, which you can give monthly as a preventative, especially if you think some may be carriers now. Wish you the best.

5. UrbanChickensUT

UrbanChickensUT Out Of The Brooder

Aug 3, 2012
    Utah
    Wow! Thanks so much for the fast responses. I really appreciate the info and will continue treating all hens with the antibiotic. Thanks again and I'll keep you posted. I'm crossing my fingers. :)

6. UrbanChickensUT

Aug 3, 2012
    Utah
    I just got an email from the breeder that said to bring the sick bird back and she will trade it for another. Would this be worth it at this point?

7. UrbanChickensUT

Aug 3, 2012
    Utah
    Duplicate...sorry.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2012
  8. sundancenbare

Apr 6, 2012
    Taylorsville Utah
    The Saga goes on. We had dinner and a little nap. I went outside to check food and water only to discover the naughty chickens were using the nice level ground for a bath tub, We had holes. I grabbed the hose to chase them off. just as I was squirting hubby yelled at me don't squirt there!!! then he saw the holes. He was not a happy man. So i grabbed some bread lured most of them in the coop with a run and shut the door. They were not happy as they have been free ranging in the yard all summer but we really did not need their help, it was hard enough with the dogs surpervising didn't need the chickens help as well So the pavers were put down on our leveled area now it was time to move the floor from where we built it to the pavers. Big problem we lifted it on end and could not move it,, so here we are with this 10x10 floor on end just looking at each other. I left Ed holding the floor and I went to get a neighbor to help, My victim was 2 houses down in the street talking to his brother, WOW 2 strong men to help. They moved that floor in short order, so tomorrow we have to nail the floor down to floor frame and put the vinyl on it. Then we need to frame the walls.

9. sundancenbare

Apr 6, 2012
    Taylorsville Utah
    Trade it and welcome

10. sundancenbare

Apr 6, 2012
    Taylorsville Utah

Call me 801 597 7854 We could use some help tomorrow with the framing

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by