Utah!

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Naztrain, Jan 12, 2007.

1. RedIII

RedIII Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 30, 2011
    Tooele, Utah
    Sphinx [​IMG] It is so discouraging when everything seems to be going wrong with your animals. I'm sorry.

Lisa, I'm getting jealous of this mancave. Think there's any way I could get away with a whitcave in the future?

Cynthia, glad the babies are doing well!

UrbanCM, yay for new pens! That's always a nice feeling.

I think I missed commenting on what someone else is up to.........woops. Be well, everyone!

I forgot to mention that when I picked up the BO yesterday, I found a stash of six beautiful, cream-colored little eggs by the horse corral. Peach is laying.........I hope the move doesn't upset her schedule for too long!

2. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    This latest chicken down is Fred. She was the last to hatch (like two days late) and she's always been smaller. I'm thinking maybe there was just something wrong with her. I kind of forget her history til just now while I was throwing my pity party.

Sasha, are you thinking about getting another push so your remaining won't be alone? Your poor flock sounds bereft.

Red, yay for Peach laying!!!!! I hope the move doesn't upset her schedule at all.

3. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    sorry for all of your losses :( on a side note i just wanted to throw it out there if any of you need any custom coops or any custom woodwork i have a uncle that could help you out, he builds very high quality stuff and can do just about anything you think of. not trying to sell any of you anything but i wanted to throw it out there because his prices are great and he can always use the extra work. he worked for years building custom cabinets among other things. once again i do not want you to feel like i am trying to sell you anything. just wanted to give you the option :)

4. La Casa de Pollo

La Casa de Pollo Overrun With Chickens

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Birdman, could you use this window at all for your new coop? 6 ft tall, 18 in wide...could save it until we come down again. I sure hat to DI it if anybody can use it.

Red yay for Peach! more eggs for you!

Sphinx, so sad for Fred. I remember that one being born :( Hope everybody else stays healthy
    !

Sasha, I was going to say something and it just left my brain. So ... HI! ha ha :)

5. Urbanchickenmom

Urbanchickenmom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2012
    Hey La Casa de Pollo
    I just noticed that your pic that you have when you message something looks just like the baby chick I just got this moring!!! I didn't think that I would get them till tomorrow but they called me at like 9 this morning so I RAN down to the post office and in the box was one that looks just like yours! I know that its a Maran but they didn't tell me what kind it is......Im hoping that you will know:)
    I'll try to post some pics soon!!!

6. Urbanchickenmom

Urbanchickenmom Out Of The Brooder

Aug 16, 2012
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    So here are my new babies and the pen that my cute hubby built last night:)

7. the-bird-man

the-bird-man Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 24, 2010
    land of the sun
    thanks for the offer but i am good on vents in the coop :) my new coop has two 2x8 foot vents that let in lots of light :)

8. La Casa de Pollo

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    urbanchicken mom....that is a Polish chicken, mine is a white crested blue....yours is likely a white crested blue, white crested black, or possibly white crested cuckoo. Not a marans at all haha :)

Marans have feathered legs....did you get any like that? Black maybe? (French black copper marans)
    if that creamy one has feathered legs you have a wheaten/blue wheaten marans? (Marans is always spelled with an s on the end, even if it is a single 'marans'. )

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Sphinx

Sphinx Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2010
    Utah
    Sometimes marans do not have feathered legs. There's some people who are trying to develop lines without the feathering. I think that's kind of funny. My fbcm has the craziest amount of feathering on her legs. I think it's really cute. I'll have to go take a pic of her.

That's definitely a polish chick with the hat type thing. Not sure what the yellow chick is, maybe another buff orpington? I can't remember what you ordered, so I'm shooting blindly.

10. La Casa de Pollo

Nov 4, 2011
    Northern Utah
    Oh no! I would not want to breed that characteristic out of them :) i did not know that they officially came without feathered shanks sometimes, thought that was a standard for the breed. Now I know! It kind of looked like there might be leg feathering on that yellow chick.....hard to tell. But it also looked like puffy cheeks...

If they said it was a Rare Marans in the shipment which kind do you think they would have meant? FBCM?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by