Utah!

impressive. How are the eggs turned?

the trays tilt back to front on a center pivot... The incubator still isn't completely finished.. but... I had to get the eggs in so they would all be hatched and eating by Easter... As it is my turkeys will hatch the week after since I didn't get them in last week while I was gone.... They will have plenty of active chicks to teach them the ropes..
lau.gif

I still need to put hinges on the door to the heat side and figure out a permanent door for the incubator side... can't decide what I want to do... probably a wood frame with a big plexiglass window in the middle for hatching watching.. The incubator side has an LED light in it so you can have the light on all the time and not affect temps.. I may eventually put a motor on the turning mechanism and automate that but not a priority.. I also want to put some linoleum on the floor of the incubator.. .maybe put flexwatt tape under that..

Well, day 21 is almost over and 1 lonely little Wesummer has pipped. I hope for Joel's sake it hatches. I haven't told him it is hatching day for them, as I don't want to see him stressing out over them. The Cream Legbars are due to hatch tomorrow. They looked pretty good at lockdown, and I'm hoping most of them come out to be girls! There are 10 in there, with the 5 Welsummer eggs and 2 BLRWs (not mine, but Foley lines).

I got another set of Welsummers in the mail today. Those will be my last attempt at Welsummers before I throw in the towel and go buy a few at IFA for Joel. I also got a shipment of 7 Isbar eggs, but 4 of them were broken on arrival and the remaining 3 all covered in egg goo. :( not too hopeful on those. Every year I end up remembering that I hate shipped eggs.

So I promised pictures of my incubator... here's one... it's not the best because I can't get far enough away from it on that side to get the whole thing in the picture, the wall is in the way.. It is 3 feet wide, about 32 inches deep and high... the trays are bread trays from the grocery store and hold 12 dozen each..(I have another 18 pack of turkey eggs on the floor because I had them...) It took me an hour to get them all in... I have Icelandics, Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, Chocolate Ameraucanas, Various Orpingtons, my sex link projects, Marans, Naragansetts, Black Spanish and Penciled Palm turkeys...

Here's hoping it works well and we'll have a lot of chicks for Easter!!

Oh my goodness! That's a whole passle of chickies!
jumpy.gif

So I promised pictures of my incubator... here's one... it's not the best because I can't get far enough away from it on that side to get the whole thing in the picture, the wall is in the way.. It is 3 feet wide, about 32 inches deep and high... the trays are bread trays from the grocery store and hold 12 dozen each..(I have another 18 pack of turkey eggs on the floor because I had them...) It took me an hour to get them all in... I have Icelandics, Blue Wheaten Ameraucanas, Chocolate Ameraucanas, Various Orpingtons, my sex link projects, Marans, Naragansetts, Black Spanish and Penciled Palm turkeys...

Here's hoping it works well and we'll have a lot of chicks for Easter!!

I did not need to see this
he.gif
gets my mind working on building another one. Nice work.

that's kinda how my regular eggs look next to my goose eggs

Now there's something I haven't hatched refamat. I have thought about it though. Maybe this summer. A lot of folks around here like having geese..that can. I can't. :( Hey, that little Miracle baby is doing really well. Behind in growth, but that little stink can move!! I think it's looking like a girl. I hope so! I put my hand in for treats, and it's right there, up on my hand first. Pretty cute.

Well, day 21 is almost over and 1 lonely little Wesummer has pipped. I hope for Joel's sake it hatches. I haven't told him it is hatching day for them, as I don't want to see him stressing out over them. The Cream Legbars are due to hatch tomorrow. They looked pretty good at lockdown, and I'm hoping most of them come out to be girls! There are 10 in there, with the 5 Welsummer eggs and 2 BLRWs (not mine, but Foley lines).

I got another set of Welsummers in the mail today. Those will be my last attempt at Welsummers before I throw in the towel and go buy a few at IFA for Joel. I also got a shipment of 7 Isbar eggs, but 4 of them were broken on arrival and the remaining 3 all covered in egg goo. :( not too hopeful on those. Every year I end up remembering that I hate shipped eggs.

I am in the same boat. Only, no pips for me. My bator spiked really high the night I locked them down. It did it another time, so I wasn't super hopeful, but three looked like they might make it. I will float test tomorrow night if nothing continues to happen.

Back
Top Bottom