Utah!

Red, about this dress.....
barnie.gif

You have got to be frustrated. This divorce is taking its time for sure. I know you have found your man, hang in there! If he does not get on the stick and get this deal done then
smack.gif
He needs his butt kicked lol!

I bet you look beautiful in your dress. I cannot wait to see you in it, someday, soon
smile.png
You deserve the very very best of everything, you are an amazing girl! He better know that!

X's 10 million! A beautiful and an amazing woman!

LOL, Right now they all look like girls to me. But I never have been good at that.
I have decided I need to incubators, one for incubation and one for lockdown. That way I don't have to mess with temps and all that when I go into lockdown, it will already be set.
I am also thinking you would go crazy with hatching if you kept a rooster......
and I would rethink the flip flops...the sun is out but it is freaky cold out there right now.

You are right on all points my friend. I went out to get eggs and the tops of my feet feel frostbitten lol. My therm said 15. Eeek!
Roosters? You are soooo right. Imagine having showgirl babies all the time. Goodness.
Two bators? Yes! Haha!
All girls in your wheaten hatch? :oops: If only one could be so lucky......;)

Going to go ahead and post these, can't see them all..at once..but you can see them in one or another picture. I am worried about my blue that I kept for an OE. I love ~ my new Miss Piggy, and she is very very friendly! First day out from the nursery hutch, they are loving it! There are two RIR's behind the wood..there are two separate nest areas in there..they are only pullets, but bigger than these babies, they didn't mind the new babies in there, they just don't like me. Not friendly at all. They are joined at the hip those two.

The OE..blue one is in back, the PR is behind it..Miss Piggy up front.. :)) And the NN
right beside her.

Better pic of the blues body/feathering

No saddle feathers yet..too soon, but tried to get a pic of that comb! There's the PR
it's getting pretty. Not sure when I can get that back to you sundance. Then the NN,
can harldy see the necked stretched out because of the sun.

A better shot of the comb..I'm taking these through the fence

NN, PR, the blue, and my Miss Piggy....they grew pretty quick ey sundance? Lots more
to grow yet, but they do grow fast.

Last time I got 11/12, it was great. This time I lost some, I think they got too cold. I think I tossed 3, and have 5 in lockdown. But one has an air cell that is completely on the side, I cannot imagine it is going to hatch...
Thanks! Good to know. I heard that marans are a bit more difficult to incubate... so that's why I asked! And I love all your little chicks!

Lisa, I had a couple that had that huge air cell up the side with my last OE hatch, they hatched! I really didn't expect them too either. I place the it half and half..air cell, and no air cell. Make sense?

Thanks! Good to know. I heard that marans are a bit more difficult to incubate... so that's why I asked! And I love all your little chicks!

Yes, I hatched a few batches last year too that were tough. The drier the better, is all I can tell you! It is tough to dry those air cells to the right size, the shells are quite non-porous--the glossy ones are the hardest.

Cynthia, so let me make sure I have it right....so you roll the egg to the side so that the air cell points more sideways, with a little toward the top? Than makes sense. Mine just sat with the air cell like a bubble facing straight up. The whole top "side" of the egg. I lost that baby :( I wish I would have thought to try that!
Thanks for the help, it is good to know in case it happens again.

Yes, I hatched a few batches last year too that were tough. The drier the better, is all I can tell you! It is tough to dry those air cells to the right size, the shells are quite non-porous--the glossy ones are the hardest.

Cynthia, so let me make sure I have it right....so you roll the egg to the side so that the air cell points more sideways, with a little toward the top? Than makes sense. Mine just sat with the air cell like a bubble facing straight up. The whole top "side" of the egg. I lost that baby
sad.png
I wish I would have thought to try that!
Thanks for the help, it is good to know in case it happens again.

Yes, some of the air sac facing up, not the whole thing. I hatch with my eggs on their sides,, not sure you use a carton still or not. But you can still do that I guess with a carton. On lock down, tilt the egg so the air sac is half up and some of the good side is half up.

Back
Top Bottom