Utah!

Hi Red
frow.gif

Had an absolutely wonderful visit with you!!!!
smile.png
And with Casa today!!!! You both have some lovely babies!!!

You're silly thinking you were stinky, yet I had been on the road since 11AM this morning, neglecting my own responsibilities, trying to make good someone else's mistake...LOL.

You and Casa are awesome!!! You both made it worth the trip.... and it was a learning experience!!! The gorgeous blue AM I picked up from Casa and the Icee eggs from you have me so thrilled!!! I'm sure the eggs are going to hatch out great!!! SURPRISE: When I arrived home, on the back porch, had been delivered my Sportsman 1502....YAY!!!
wee.gif
Guess what I'll be doing first thing in the morning??? HAHAHA!!!!

Hugs to you both!!
big_smile.png

yesss.gif

Hey all, Sundance requested that I post this for her:

I am still in the hospital. Still in stepdown intensive care. I am gettin better. Today I feel like I turned a corner and am doing better in my breathing. I have never had asthma this bad and it was scary. I wish I could be at Lagoon this weekend as my grandaughters from Vernal are in that dance review. Guess it just was not meant to be

Diana Scott
Sundancenbare Sphynx

I hope she is able to have visitors soon. I know how much she hates being in the hospital.

Sasha,
Thanks for your offer to help!! :)   I appreciate it and you!!!:D

Because my busy day and husband's appointments conflicted with meeting in Layton, I drove the little silver AM to Logan (actually to Casa, who is awaiting it's pickup).

LONG day!!!   Thanks again for your offer of help!! 
you're most certainly welcome. :)

I think I am starting to get frustrated... I was hoping for at least 3 hens from my first hatch... and it looks like I have... maybe 2...! grrr. Here they are today @ 7 weeks....
Is this a blue wheaten hen?

Barnyard mix... roo...?

FBCM and Barnyard mix... the barnyard mix is a pullet, I believe.

Two barnyard mixes, both roos i think...

my olive egger from bluejems... roo? please say no!

the motley crew... :)

Hatching is full of highs and lows! Too bad i couldn't have had a higher ratio of pullets and lower number of roos!

PS, I'm hoping to rehome the roos

I have not posted in a long time but I need to know where i could get some silkie eggs to hatch? My incubator is calling me. i live in Fruitland ut and if I get shipped eggs it can take longer because we are off the beaten path, and I have not had good luck with shipped eggs when I lived in salt lake. Any help would be appreciated. ? Are all silkies bantams? Thanks Carry

ug so this week i have been working like a mad man on my new run and made tons of progress but then i had to have a little surgery done to take out a little infection in my neck so now i have to wait a while to heal. its frustrating for sure. but my girls are ok so i guess it will all be ok. but my run is looking great. i went with a hoop cattle panel method and its great because its nice and tall and being tall my self that is something i needed. and its very strong. i am lining it with lattice because not only will it keep the girls in as some can fit though the holes of the cattle panels but it will also provide more privacy and protection and it will help protect from the weather too. then i will have grapes and such growing on it because that will provide food for me and the rabbits and chickens but shade too. oh and the run will be for both chickens and rabbits :)

Wow Brad, glad that things went well for you..and you are out of that hospital! Sounds like you recouperated pretty quickly. Good thing! :)
Also, that run sounds wonderful! As I was reading what you were doing, I thought, man, a grape vine would be great on there! Great minds think alike, right? lol..You should post pictures when done. This sounds really nice.
Keep getting better.
smile.png

Wow Brad, glad that things went well for you..and you are out of that hospital!   Sounds like you recouperated pretty quickly.  Good thing!  :)
Also, that run sounds wonderful!   As I was reading what you were doing, I thought, man, a grape vine would be great on there!  Great minds think alike, right?  lol..You should post pictures when done.  This sounds really nice. 
Keep getting better.  :)
it was just a same day kind of thing. i had a bad staff infection and they needed to go in and clear it all out, remove tissue etc. it was not a huge deal. it took a little over a hour and since i do not do well with being knocked out they just numbed me up good. it may be a good week or two until i can get back to building but that is ok. :)

Brad!
sad.png
You naughty person. Of course you're only telling us about this after the fact that you've had surgery!
old.gif
I hope you recover quickly. That run sounds very nice.

Acemario, I want that greenhouse.

My broody Wyandotte and her two chicks were up and exploring for a moment this morning. I opened the cage for them and the hen ran off to go potty and such, then came back a minute later when her babies were crying. She coaxed them out of the carrier and was just scratching around on the ground near it for a few minutes. I stayed there to keep an eye on them, since I don't have a separate pen ready for the mama and babies. When the other hens started to come over, I just ushered the mama back into her carrier and the babies followed. She has one more egg under her that could hatch, but I'm not sure if it will. It's an olive egg, so it's hard to see into. I can barely make out the air sac at one end, and that most of the end is dark. No telling what is going on in there. But I'm happy that my girl has been able to hatch out two babies. It's fun for me to see the difference between broody girls and how they take care of their babies.

My Icelandics are teasing me. Only one of them is laying eggs for me. Is it wrong if I give them pepper to get them to lay so that I have hatching eggs from all three?
hide.gif

Last edited:
Speaking of runs... I have my fence poles in the ground, and today I will be putting up the chicken wire if it decides to stop raining. I was thinking of what I could plant in there for them. Right now there is 1/2 grass, and then 1/2 dirt and a huge pine tree. Any suggestions on what flowers or plants I could plant in there for them to make it all fancy.

Back
Top Bottom