Utah!

Cynthia, those BLRW are gorgeous. Who did you get your eggs from? Congrats on a broody hen.

My broody seems to be behaving, though dh went out to check on the birds for me yesterday and reported that she was off the nest and the eggs felt cool to the touch. When I got home from girl scout camp late last night, she was back on them though, so who knows.

Acemario, I think you have the genders on your babies right. They are very cute. That greenhouse is HUGE.

Poorpitifulpear, I hope you find some silkies. They're on my wishlist of birds I hope to have one day.

BirdMan, your project sounds interesting. You'll have to post pictures. Sorry you had an infection slow you down.

Red, if giving them pepper is wrong, I don't want to be right. Of course, I'm excited to start my hatch for you and see how they do, and having eggs from all three would be great.

Silly, planting INSIDE the run? I have to say that my birds eat everything right down to the ground, even if they have a huge space. I'm not sure I'd plant anything INSIDE the run.

I am really upset about the Wheaten maran eggs. I thought we were doing ok and we checked last night and only 3 seem to have developed...2 had quit early and the rest were not even fertile. Hopefully these last few hatch.

I am trying to downsize alot of what we have but for now if anyone is interested in an aquarium for a brooder.

I have a 55 gallon tank I have been using for a brooder that I am selling for 25.00.

Cynthia, those BLRW are gorgeous. Who did you get your eggs from? Congrats on a broody hen.

My broody seems to be behaving, though dh went out to check on the birds for me yesterday and reported that she was off the nest and the eggs felt cool to the touch. When I got home from girl scout camp late last night, she was back on them though, so who knows.

Acemario, I think you have the genders on your babies right. They are very cute. That greenhouse is HUGE.

Poorpitifulpear, I hope you find some silkies. They're on my wishlist of birds I hope to have one day.

BirdMan, your project sounds interesting. You'll have to post pictures. Sorry you had an infection slow you down.

Red, if giving them pepper is wrong, I don't want to be right. Of course, I'm excited to start my hatch for you and see how they do, and having eggs from all three would be great.

Silly, planting INSIDE the run? I have to say that my birds eat everything right down to the ground, even if they have a huge space. I'm not sure I'd plant anything INSIDE the run.

I'm actually thinking of planting in the free range area, which I guess I called the run. Its of a mixture of grass and dirt right now, but we have a huge 30 by 15 foot section that is completely bare, just dirt right now, and its been so muddy with all this rain, I'm thinking I might go and get some sod to throw in that spot, but I was thinking about planting along the fences something pretty. I know, they are just chickens, but I want them to have something colorful to look at. :D. Now if it will just quit raining, I can go finish off my 10 foot section of fence, and they can run wild outside of their run. I've been putting them in the grown out pen that I got from Sundancebare, and they love it. So once the fence it done, the babies can outside in the grown out pen, hoping it gets warm so those babies can go out for a few hours this week. They will be 3 weeks, so if it warms up to the 80s, they should be fine, right? I didn't put my others outside till they were fully feathered.

Glad your broody hen is behaving, since you gave her eggs for me. LOL

I think it's a good idea to plant around the chicken coops. I think it makes it look cute. I'm thinking of planting corn along the east side to give them some shade. I'm also going to transplant some of my out of control mint to the weedy patch of the yard. If it's weeds anyway, why not stick some mint there?

Speaking of runs... I have my fence poles in the ground, and today I will be putting up the chicken wire if it decides to stop raining. I was thinking of what I could plant in there for them. Right now there is 1/2 grass, and then 1/2 dirt and a huge pine tree. Any suggestions on what flowers or plants I could plant in there for them to make it all fancy.
I would plant tomatoes, zucchini, and pumpkins. The pumpkins will stay good into January for chickens to eat.

I would plant tomatoes, zucchini, and pumpkins. The pumpkins will stay good into January for chickens to eat.
Now if I plant tomatoes, zucchini and pumpkins, will they actually grow, or will they eat them to pieces before they start to grow? I could easily plant some in there.

Sphinx how are your girls doing? Are they all recovered and feeling better? On a positive note I think Penguin is starting to look like she is walking a little better, not a much limping. She is wanting to hang out more with the other chicks too, I wonder if she just hurt, and it was bugging her to play with them. But her one wing feathers are still sticking straight up, its hilarious. :D

ok guys I am sprung finally. 8 days is a very long stay, I still need to place my button quail and they are free if anyone wants them. I do have a very nice terrarium for them but I would have to charge for it. I also have some brooders if anyone is interested. Everyone thanks so much for all you private wishes it meant a lot. Feeling tons better but still a bit weak

ok guys I am sprung finally.  8 days is a very long stay,  I still need to place my button quail and they are free if anyone wants them.  I do have a very nice terrarium for them but I would have to charge for it.  I also have some brooders if anyone is interested.  Everyone thanks so much for all you private wishes  it meant a lot.  Feeling tons better but still a bit weak

:weee so glad you are out and feeling better!

ok guys I am sprung finally.  8 days is a very long stay,  I still need to place my button quail and they are free if anyone wants them.  I do have a very nice terrarium for them but I would have to charge for it.  I also have some brooders if anyone is interested.  Everyone thanks so much for all you private wishes  it meant a lot.  Feeling tons better but still a bit weak

Yay! Freedom! I am glad you are out, now keep resting, and hoping you stay well for sure!

Back
Top Bottom