Utah!

Gary, this is for you!
WHAT?!! Its just for fun. You should have seen the colors available.
hide.gif
Don't worry, I'm still The Madchicken, i all ready had a buyer set up before i bought the eggs.

Gary, you need to get out there and find Lisa the blue eggs, and me the green ones..now! lol Somewhere close, so we don't have to have them shipped! Got it?
lol.png

I had two chicks hatch out today safely. All my others... Nothing. I fear they died... Ugh. I guess I should be patient but my luck has been terrible lately.

Why might a chick have a bigger head...? XD One of mine is lighter in color and has a big head compared to the other. I know it's unlikely, but I'm hoping for one of each gender here...

I had two chicks hatch out today safely. All my others... Nothing. I fear they died... Ugh. I guess I should be patient but my luck has been terrible lately.

Why might a chick have a bigger head...? XD One of mine is lighter in color and has a big head compared to the other. I know it's unlikely, but I'm hoping for one of each gender here...

Bigger head, bigger chick?
Congrats on the two, wait for the others, you never know.

I finally have a moment at the computer without little fingers trying to help. so glad you are doing better Sundance, wish i could say the same probably lost my job due to a medication change that went bad, but my girls have kept me out of the hospital. my son got me chicks for mothers day,

does any one have any ideas on how to start a breeding program in a neighborhood that doesn't allow roosters?

I finally have a moment at the computer without little fingers trying to help. so glad you are doing better Sundance, wish i could say the same probably lost my job due to a medication change that went bad, but my girls have kept me out of the hospital. my son got me chicks for mothers day,

does any one have any ideas on how to start a breeding program in a neighborhood that doesn't allow roosters?
If you figure that one out, please let me know. I really don't want to start a breeding program, but I would love to have a nice big Roo to protect my girls from all the stupid Magpies at my house. Maybe ask your neighbors if they mind you having a Roo. They would most likely be the ones calling the city to say you had a Roo. My 3 neighbors around me told me to keep one of mine, I have a few. And I know I hear one somewhere around my house. I just found out that my other neighbor across the street has 28 chickens, I knew he bred rabbits, but didn't even know about the chickens. He's yard is so much smaller then mine and we are allow 15 or 18 Bantams. He said please, please, please get a BO Roo, because he wants to borrow him to breed. I couldn't help but laugh at him. I think he has enough. He said that most of his flock is about 5 years old, and not laying anymore, that's why he has so many. I couldn't imagine feeding them all. But at least I feel better with him having so many, specially since I really want to add 3 more, so I would be up to 10 or 12 if I keep all my silkie chicks. (praying for girls)

BTW the chicks are super cute. I need to get pictures of my silkies, FBCM, and my adorable barnyard mix. They are starting to get some color colors in, can't believe they are 3 weeks old already.

Back
Top Bottom