Utah!

A breeding program without roos sounds kind of difficult, lol... would have to be kind of paranoid about disease and such, unless all your birds originated from the same place...

corvidea... oh man, so sorry about your isbars!! That is SAD!!

I need to write birdguy again about grabbing the legbar cockerel... he's not going to the stewpot, Sphinx has spoken for him, lol...

SFH= Swedish Flower Hens really pretty birds with mille fleur type feathering in all diffferent colors, good layers of large cream eggs, some have crests, some do not.. They are a landrace bird from Sweden (go figure)

Going to post here and then put up an ad on KSL... my blue wheaten Ameracauna roo is for sale ($10 for anyone on here, will be $15 on KSL), if anyone wants him... time to make room for my birds for next year, and the Ameracaunas got booted!!
I looked up the SFH because it was driving me nuts. Beautiful birds. I actually think my little peanut looks like one, I have a bantam that I have no idea what it could be, I need to take new photo's of her to post, but I've had people tell me she looks like a Mille at her 5 week photos, but now at 8 weeks old, she has tons of white feathers mixed in with her tan and black. I doubt she is even mixed with one, but a few of the birds looked just like her.

A breeding program without roos sounds kind of difficult, lol...  would have to be kind of paranoid about disease and such, unless all your birds originated from the same place...

corvidea... oh man, so sorry about your isbars!!  That is SAD!!

I need to write birdguy again about grabbing the legbar cockerel... he's not going to the stewpot, Sphinx has spoken for him, lol...

SFH= Swedish Flower Hens  really pretty birds with mille fleur type feathering in all diffferent colors, good layers of large cream eggs, some have crests, some do not..  They are a landrace bird from Sweden (go figure)

Going to post here and then put up an ad on KSL...   my blue wheaten Ameracauna roo is for sale ($10 for anyone on here, will be $15 on KSL), if anyone wants him...  time to make room for my birds for next year, and the Ameracaunas got booted!!

How much are the SFH Pullets? And how old ? I forgot :)

Last edited:
I thought I would post here just in case anyone local has a fish tank that would like some fish.....
I have 3 tetras, 1 gourami, 1 neon tetra and 1 cory cat

I tore down my tank yesterday and have them sitting in a small bucket....I have them up for free on ksl but no takers yet.
If interested please let me know, I would hate to just let them die.

I finally have a moment at the computer without little fingers trying to help. so glad you are doing better Sundance, wish i could say the same probably lost my job due to a medication change that went bad, but my girls have kept me out of the hospital. my son got me chicks for mothers day,

does any one have any ideas on how to start a breeding program in a neighborhood that doesn't allow roosters?

buy a decrowed rooster or advertize for a roo that does not crow

So, that's it then. Threw out 16 dead eggs. None even made an effort to pip. I think they were already dead before my other two were ready. The remaining two might be moving, but I really doubt it. I'm betting all I have that them 'moving' is just me moving the egg.

I almost wanna buy chicks to make myself feel better, but that's a bad idea. Sorry for being a downer.

So, that's it then. Threw out 16 dead eggs. None even made an effort to pip. I think they were already dead before my other two were ready. The remaining two might be moving, but I really doubt it. I'm betting all I have that them 'moving' is just me moving the egg.

I almost wanna buy chicks to make myself feel better, but that's a bad idea. Sorry for being a downer.

Sorry, I have some light Brahmas in right now. Just put them in. If they hatch well, you will maybe want a couple? I also have a few Delawares that will go into lock down this week. I have some mixes that will possibly have NN's in them if you like those. Going to have BLRW eggs coming soon..and some more Favorelle eggs to replace the ones that didn't work. Free, and more free ones that didn't work. RIR's. Guess I'm busy for a while. If they work this time. The Brahma eggs are looking good already. Oh, I also have Rhode Island Whites in. Wow, I am going to be busy.

Bad news--something got into the Isbar coop I have in the garage last night. I had 18 7 week old Isbars out there and whatever it was killed 9 of them. Bunch of blood going from the nesting area down the board that goes down to the run and soaked into the bedding at the bottom. Most of the birds look like they might have been shaken to death. Several of them have leg wounds. Whatever it was left 7 alive and okay and 2 more alive but looking damaged/traumatized. We think it might have been the little obnoxious yappy mutt our neighbors have that keeps getting loose from them and chasing our cats. It was in our yard again yesterday trying to chase my 6 year old and could easily have seen the birds in the garage before our neighbor caught it. There were a couple of dents in the hardware cloth near the door, all the dead chicks piled in one corner. The only way it could have gotten in is by lifting the lid on the nesting box, which it could pretty easily have done (that's been corrected now). What a mess.

Daloorashens-- I don't think it is a good time to take more chicks, unfortunately, se we will pass on the SFH this time.
sad.png

Oh man, I'm sorry! And I thought my loss of one was bad. :(

Sorry, I have some light Brahmas in right now.  Just put them in.  If they hatch well, you will maybe want a couple?  I also have a few Delawares that will go into lock down this week.  I have some mixes that will possibly have NN's in them if you like those.  Going to have BLRW eggs coming soon..and some more Favorelle eggs to replace the ones that didn't work.  Free, and more free ones that didn't work.  RIR's.  Guess I'm busy for a while.  If they work this time.  The Brahma eggs are looking good already.  Oh, I also have Rhode Island Whites in.  Wow, I am going to be busy. 

I would actually appreciate that, especially if you have Brahmas... If you wouldn't mind... Brahmas are my favorites. Thanks for the offer. :3 I like a lot of those others too, but no doubt, I prefer Brahmas over any chicken, especially if they happen to be full size. I love their fluffyness and personalities.

Back
Top Bottom