Utah!

I have two chicks so far. 2 Lady Amherst. 2 eggs still under the broody, both are Alaska Snow Pheasants. Its only day 22 and it takes 23-24 days so i still have hope. Having trouble uploading pictures.

love the fishing talk. i am very into fishing and that is a bit of a understatement lol. so i now have most my run done, at least for now. in a few months i will get some more lattice for areas that still need it. still got to do little things like put on the latches because i did not have the energy to do it tonight. the girls are very happy :) still need to landscape around it, plant the grapes to grow on it and a few other things.

A bunch of my Barnevelders hatched this morning
celebrate.gif

Kyle, congratulations!!!!

love the fishing talk. i am very into fishing and that is a bit of a understatement lol. so i now have most my run done, at least for now. in a few months i will get some more lattice for areas that still need it. still got to do little things like put on the latches because i did not have the energy to do it tonight. the girls are very happy
smile.png
still need to landscape around it, plant the grapes to grow on it and a few other things.
Yep, love to fish!!!
love.gif

Sounds like your run is going to be nice!!

Alright, last Ameraucana hatched, now i have some more Ameraucana eggs i just set, along with some Pekin, and Khaki Ducks

Here's the chick, i have a feeling she's going to be a gorgeous hen
love.gif

I'm working on my shipping crate coop.
ya.gif
I got the floor panel piece in, and cleaning/egg gathering doors in. But how big do I need to cut out the door for the chickens to come in and out of? Now I just have to figure out what I want to do with the roof, thinking of pulling the whole crate sides off, since I flipped them on their sides to make them longer, and building up another 2 feet with a slanted roof with vents. But DH thinks that is too much work for a girl to do. He doesn't think I can frame it out. He thinks I should just put a slanted roof on it with a 2-3 inch lift, so I would cut out vents on the side of the crates to be covered by the lifted roof for the vents, and then but 2 on the back side. But still thinking about that. And what is the best way to build it up, I want it off the ground at least 3 feet, I would like to build a mini-run under the coop. I really would like to put the door for the chickens on the floor, and have them go down into a run too. Can you even put the door on the floor?

Yes, I'm a girl using POWER TOOLS
celebrate.gif
And totally clueless! So any pointers would be great!

Fishing! My daughter and son just went to Yube..and Fish Lake. Check this out that she posted on FB. She says that this one is the largest she has caught. That rainbow is a pretty nice size for Fish Lake.

This one she caught at Yuba..and a friend that went with them caught one even bigger!
Nice Northern Pyke..or Pike? Oh well, nice big fish! :D

This is one from Fish Lake. I looove Fish Lake! :)

Last edited:
I had 19 RIR's hatch! And, a BLRW surprised me. Saw a pip earlier today, but thought it would sit there until tomorrow..due to hatch on Fri. It hatched fast. Due date not until Fri..so took it out..no pips in the others. This baby is a dark blue. Those chipmunk stripes are starting to show..still wet here.

Now, that's a lot of babies! I had 25 go into lock down. There is the little BLRW, very strong baby.
So, anyone ready to start a flock of RIR's? Or want a few to have start laying around Nov.? And they will
start laying!

So much to comment on! I'll do my best, but I'm going to be brief.

Desert, eek! Poor Chico. And poor hubby! You stay on his case about that finger! It seems like some people just don't know when to quit and rest so that they can heal. And I'm very glad that the Icee's hatched out early for you so that you didn't have problems with them and the power.

Looks like a lot of us are getting some pretty chicks
smile.png
Congrats to all with new babies!

Karen, wear eye protection and keep your fingers clear of moving parts
cool.png
Just play it safe and you'll do fine.

We have some new neighbors on the one side of us. I was talking to them last night and found that they want to get chickens. And, one of the guys at work got chicks a couple of weeks ago and is loving them. The madness is spreading
D.gif

Back
Top Bottom