Utah!

Yeow! Soft boiled eggs? Somehow, I can believe that. And here I was worried about the eggs being too warm that I have to collect from under my broody......

Karen, my chickens love to play in water. Because it's so hot right now and none of us are home/awake during the middle of the day, our hose gets left on at a trickle in a furrow out in the preserve. It pools in there, and the girls love to scratch around in the mud. I think it's kind of nice that I can water my peach trees and sunflowers at the same time as my chickens
big_smile.png
Although with what I'm hearing of a water shortage in Lehi, I think we're going to be switching back to regular old water buckets pretty soon.

Oh, I love the picture of the chicken coop/car!

So we're being overrun with eggs right now. I only have one neighbor that buys them, so I've just been giving them the eggs for free, as well as pawning off eggs to other neighbors, family, or people at work. I took a dozen eggs to work today to give to one of the ladies that I know likes them, set them on my desk, and walked down into the break room ....... One of the guys there likes to cook himself scrambled eggs every morning. He was just finishing when I walked in, and I had to really question if I wanted to give away the eggs I'd brought
gig.gif
It looked so good.

Edit: Haha, I posted this, and when my user icon popped up, for a second I thought, "Who the heck is that?"

Last edited:
Sounds great I'm hoping to head up that way this Friday night.

On a different note, anyone going to the pageant in Manti?
Just let me know... thanks!!! Wish I was going to the pageant. When I lived in Sevier it seemed so close.

So, my DH went out and tended to the chickies yesterday as I was busy getting our kiddos pictures done. Anyways, we have an old halloween bucket we use to gather eggs. He forgot them out side and by the time i went up this afternoon they were really hot to the touch in that bucket. I decided I would cook them up and feed them to my dogs because I didn't think they wouls be okay to store. Well i cracked it open and found a wonderfully perfect soft boiled egg. Lol it was hot enough in that bucket to cook the eggs. :S
Cool... and cheap on electricity too...lol.

Edit: Haha, I posted this, and when my user icon popped up, for a second I thought, "Who the heck is that?"
yuckyuck.gif
Hi Red!!!

Last edited:
So, just peeked in the inc and I have babies....
celebrate.gif
. (These are the earlies!!) One is wandering aimlessly around, and another two are almost out. From what I can see on the shell, they all look to be Choc Orps so far. Yippee!!

I'm hoping for a better hatch this time!!! No fiddling with the temps on the inc, or air conditioner!!!!! Also, not opening the inc until tomorrow night to pull babies and grab empty shells, if necessary.
smile.png

I get so darned excited!!!
woot.gif

(Peafowl are due to hatch on the 30th!!!)

Last edited:
Red, I have lots of neighbors wanting eggs lol. But with 2 broodies I'm not getting an excess like I was. Once all my girlies start laying, however, I'll be up to my neck in eggs. Hopefully, they still want them then.
Yeow! Soft boiled eggs? Somehow, I can believe that. And here I was worried about the eggs being too warm that I have to collect from under my broody...... Karen, my chickens love to play in water. Because it's so hot right now and none of us are home/awake during the middle of the day, our hose gets left on at a trickle in a furrow out in the preserve. It pools in there, and the girls love to scratch around in the mud. I think it's kind of nice that I can water my peach trees and sunflowers at the same time as my chickens
big_smile.png
Although with what I'm hearing of a water shortage in Lehi, I think we're going to be switching back to regular old water buckets pretty soon. Oh, I love the picture of the chicken coop/car! So we're being overrun with eggs right now. I only have one neighbor that buys them, so I've just been giving them the eggs for free, as well as pawning off eggs to other neighbors, family, or people at work. I took a dozen eggs to work today to give to one of the ladies that I know likes them, set them on my desk, and walked down into the break room ....... One of the guys there likes to cook himself scrambled eggs every morning. He was just finishing when I walked in, and I had to really question if I wanted to give away the eggs I'd brought
gig.gif
It looked so good. Edit: Haha, I posted this, and when my user icon popped up, for a second I thought, "Who the heck is that?"

Hey all, I just want to throw this out here one last time. I have two wheaten ameraucana boys and two SBEL boys. These guys are free to a good home, otherwise they are scheduled to be processed in about a week. I have a bunch of birchen marans boys that I will sell for 15 (this is, frankly, at a loss to me and I would rather eat them myself than have them go at a complete loss). The am boys and SBEL are not bulky enough to really feel like processing them is worth it, but I they are about as big as they are going to get. Let me know.

Back
Top Bottom