Utah!

Quote:
Yes my SLW is sweet. Really she is, I think I am lucky. She is very docile and lays mostly every day. SHe likes to dig a lot though, she is always making holes everywhere!

Here is the light pic I promised, pretty funny
smile.png
Merry Christmas to my girls
smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/110976_imag0051.jpg

I edited my last post to you about her black EE and the two eggs..

Oops I had the wrong one at first, now I got it! Thanks, I am excited! The black and the gray are both so beautiful! I see why you got eggs from her
smile.png

Last edited:
Yes! That is the link to her selling eggs now. Here is her website, just in case it wasn't seen. Loved her eggs, they were nice a size. My blue girl that is a pure Ameruaucana, looks a lot like that EE, she just started laying about a month ago..egg is still pretty small.
Hope I get this link right, if not, you can just go to her website.. http://www.newlyweds-blog.com/2010/08/07/chickens-for-sale/
Now I'm editing..see that Favorille behind the black EE? She sent me one of those eggs..didn't work out.
sad.png
I really want to ask her if that is the mom of the black chicks that I got. Jade is her name in the picture. Pretty girl! I hope mine is a girl!!

Last edited:
Ok, Sphinx, after seeing your little SLW at two months, I'm worried again. But, I'm holding out, you never know.
tongue.png

Going to post a lot of pictures...hope that's ok..
So here is my SLW along with my barred rock..my barred rock is a pullet, and doesn't usually look this red..cheap, and I mean Walmart cheap camera!
001-9.jpg

Now my SLW really looks red in this one..
002-12.jpg

Do you start to see saddle feathers at this age? hmmm..I'm not seeing any yet...
003-9.jpg

Here's my black baby, and the two lavender bantam cochins..they look like I'm going to grab them up and hurt them.. silly babies..
004-9.jpg

My black girl is going to have some of that maran red in her neck area I think...just lay me a blue egg sweetie.. look at that pretty leg feathering coming out on that one lavender bantam.
005-2.jpg

She looks kind of onery...oh oh...lol...she doesn't scream when I pick her up though..
006-5.jpg

One more..of our coop and run..and there is my beautiful and most sweet Golden Retriever, Toby.. Love that guy! You can see the top of his kennel..has snow on it..over in the corner. We leave the door open always, and he has a nice big dog house with a red heat bulb in it..
007-9.jpg

Last edited:
Ooh! Pretty chickens Cynthia!! Those lavendar are so fluffy and pretty. Your SLW---I think there is hope for a girl, she looks just like mine did at that age really, we had red pretty early, thought it took forever for her to lay but she did at 20 weeks, I am sure she was red for a month at least and looked ready. Will cross my fingers for you!

And I of course love that blackie! I do see a hint of the red. Does she have a name? We are still working on that...

Cynthia, love your birds! The lavendars look like they'll be gorgeous when they grow up.Toby looks like such a sweetheart. I grew up with a golden retriever, I'd love to have another. I've gotta be honest and say that the wattles are awfully big on your SLW. But, I'm so terrible with sexing chickens that I should not be trusted in the least.

cynthia how old is she? so one of my favorite hens, a ee named sweet cheeks is being a big bully and can be very violent
sad.png
i love her so much and it is hard to see her being so mean. so she is spending time in the time out cage. i know i can break her of the mean streak but is sucks. but in other news my pullet ee who just started laying is a great layer, 5 eggs a week
big_smile.png

Quote:
She is two months old. In one picture, the wattles look big and red, and on another they don't look so red..but still bigger than Sphinx's.

Oh oh, you have a mean EE? I think La Casa can relate to that. I've had some mean ones in the past. My flock is small, so I don't keep the ones that are pecking one of the others bloody. Really, I had a black sex link that was a sweetheart to us, but mean to one of my others, just right on her and beating her up. I hated getting rid of a good layer, but I was afraid the others would start acting up..which actually, one other did go up to the one that was being beaten up on, and just stand over her like she was getting ready to join big meanie.
5 eggs a week from your new pullet? I'll take that...come spring!
smile.png
What color are you getting?

Quote:
She is two months old. In one picture, the wattles look big and red, and on another they don't look so red..but still bigger than Sphinx's.

Oh oh, you have a mean EE? I think La Casa can relate to that. I've had some mean ones in the past. My flock is small, so I don't keep the ones that are pecking one of the others bloody. Really, I had a black sex link that was a sweetheart to us, but mean to one of my others, just right on her and beating her up. I hated getting rid of a good layer, but I was afraid the others would start acting up..which actually, one other did go up to the one that was being beaten up on, and just stand over her like she was getting ready to join big meanie.
5 eggs a week from your new pullet? I'll take that...come spring!
smile.png
What color are you getting?

its sad because she was always so sweet so that is why she got her name. i will put her in her place and she will act nice, i am a stubborn guy and i will win this lol
smile.png
the eggs from the pullet are green but kinda have a blue tint to them, she is one of the best behaved chickens i have ever seen so i feel lucky to have her
smile.png

Ok, now for an interesting few pictures. Went out to feed and water chickens, saw that my True Americauna was in the nest box doing her business, thought she looked adorable, went in to get my camera to take a couple of pictures of her fluffy little face, then as I took pictures and watched, noticed she was close..so, this could actually be put up on a thread as to how chickens look as they lay an egg...lol..you can clearly see why they need a high nest box so they can stand, make those cute little squeaky noises as they do the final pushing..here's the pics..
002-13.jpg

pushing...
005-3.jpg

standing up to push and making cute little push noises...I see she decided to lay on Little Reds egg...
006-6.jpg

And there it is!
007-10.jpg

Why do they always decide that it needs to be snuggled up against the other egg, or eggs...she was happy where she put it, and left.
smile.png
008-5.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom