Utah!

Hey everyone, I need some opinions. I am thinking about making & selling waterer's for chicks this spring to sell with my chicks.
These ones are 36oz plastic jars.
I am changing the jar though to a clear square shaped jar (no print) with white lid, and probably no ring. I'm trying to see what kind of interest I might get and what ppl would pay, to see if it's worth it. My question for all of you, is would you buy one? And what would you pay for one? Thanks everyone :)

Yeah, that would be the plan. Although my kids really want some fun chickens like the frizzles. Probably not the best choice for egg laying.

The little bantams are good for a little egg for a while, but make good broody hens. I have a couple of frizzles now, and I am not sure what to call one of my SG's...maybe what Lisa calls hers..Shizzles? She definitely has a different kind of feathering going on, but it is a soft round fluff thing happening. Going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

The little bantams are good for a little egg for a while, but make good broody hens.  I have a couple of frizzles now, and I am not sure what to call one of my SG's...maybe what Lisa calls hers..Shizzles?   She definitely has a different kind of feathering going on, but it is a soft round fluff thing happening.  Going to be interesting to see how it turns out.

Shizzles! There is a facebook page devoted to them as well.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/327505/showgirl-silkie-x-sizzled-silkie-shizzle

Last edited:
Yes, I think she will look like this one..color and all... :)

IMG_6667.jpg
Only mine has the bow tie, and more feathering. Pretty cute.

Last edited:
Oh boy. I am having some chicken envy tonight. I keep reading about the SS and how friendly they are, how pretty they are ... I want one! Le sigh. I had a chick a couple of years ago, but she didn't make it :( I am starting to hanker for another BO, too. And a RSL.

I think poor hubby would croak if I got any more birds, though. I already have 12 chickens and 4 turkeys out there. Even though a couple are being groomed for freezer camp later on, I'm still not sure I could get away with adding more :/

Oh boy. I am having some chicken envy tonight. I keep reading about the SS and how friendly they are, how pretty they are ... I want one! Le sigh. I had a chick a couple of years ago, but she didn't make it :( I am starting to hanker for another BO, too. And a RSL.

I think poor hubby would croak if I got any more birds, though. I already have 12 chickens and 4 turkeys out there. Even though a couple are being groomed for freezer camp later on, I'm still not sure I could get away with adding more :/
I just bought 5 SS eggs that are in the incubator. Tjey seemed pretty shook up though, with lots of displaced air cells. Not sure if they'll make it.

Back
Top Bottom