Utah!

so far I am going to enter my gold lace cochin, my lavender americana, my frizzle hen, my turkin pullet and my black bantum cochin. My bronchitis is so bad I may end up in the hospital tomorrow. Maybe even today darn it,

Oh no!! hope you're not in the hospital... yuck... I'm a work in a hospital and hope nobody has to go there.. not because it doesn't help you, it does, but it's just miserable to be there... hope you are feeling better...

OK... Not to be weird, but silvrphoenx (sp??) and bluejems, is that the same bird in your pics??

Lisa brought my pullets today!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA, oh, I need a
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
and
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
... I'll post pics tonite... She brought me a WA pullet (one of hers that she hatched), an FBCM and OE pullet from pawtraitart... all of them very pretty... and seem to be adjusting well already...!!

If it is yowling at your cat it means its a tom or a girl in heat. When that happens here I trap them have them spayed or neutered and then release it, My neighbors don't seem to notice but my sleep is better without the yowling.

I wish I could do that.. they keep it inside during the day and let it out at night, drives us crazy=)

Cynthia, guess what? You will never believe what I found in my nest box. Sindie, and Fanny are both broody and setting in the SAME nest on 20 eggs. I have no clue how 20 eggs got there though. Fanny had set first for a few days then I get home today and find Sindie cuddled tightly next to fanny. So cute, I have to get some pictures and show you. So cute!

Cynthia, guess what? You will never believe what I found in my nest box. Sindie, and Fanny are both broody and setting in the SAME nest on 20 eggs. I have no clue how 20 eggs got there though. Fanny had set first for a few days then I get home today and find Sindie cuddled tightly next to fanny. So cute, I have to get some pictures and show you. So cute!

Oh so cute what kind are htey

Thanks so much BluJems & Slvrphoenix!
Oh no!! hope you're not in the hospital... yuck... I'm a work in a hospital and hope nobody has to go there.. not because it doesn't help you, it does, but it's just miserable to be there... hope you are feeling better...

OK... Not to be weird, but silvrphoenx (sp??) and bluejems, is that the same bird in your pics??

Lisa brought my pullets today!! YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYA, oh, I need a
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
and
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
celebrate.gif
... I'll post pics tonite... She brought me a WA pullet (one of hers that she hatched), an FBCM and OE pullet from pawtraitart... all of them very pretty... and seem to be adjusting well already...!!
I'm so happy for you! New chickens are so exciting. :) Yes, Silverphoenix and Blujems have the same bird in their pictures....they are husband and wife.
big_smile.png

That's so cute!

I know, I've been really worried about Corvidae too. I'm hoping that by the time I come to the end of this thread, she's checked in. darn it, caught up, and no word.

Sundance, I'm literally howling with laughter over your purple cochins. I've contemplated entering birds at the fair, but I worry about the stress of being exposed to all of those people. Plus, it seems like they usually want trios, and I never have three of one breed, let alone three who are a gorgeously matched set. Which fair are you thinking about entering? Salt Lake County? Good luck on your hatch; I bet that'll be gorgeous. Oh my, I'm sorry your bronchitis is getting so bad. Did you manage to stay out of the hospital? Do you need anything?

Moriah, that EE is gorgeous. I love that tshirt quilt, especially the design you used for the quilting. I quilt. I actually entered two kaleidoscope quilts in my town's heritage days. They're beginner, novice quilts, but my kids love them. I'm working on a really pretty LeMoyne Star kaleidoscope quilt now. Here's the two quilts I entered:

I'd second the humane trap. If gunshots are heard, it could get you in trouble. I believe in Salt Lake area, if you catch a cat in a live trap, you can call animal control and tell them you have a trapped cat, and they'll come pick it up. Keep it in a shady spot in the front yard with some water so you don't get in trouble for animal cruelty.

Daloorashens, congrats on your new chicks, they sound amazing. I think I need another FBCM or three.

For fun, here's a picture I took tonight of my 7 year old with Emily (who I should really rename Emeril, but I'm still too sad that it's a cockerel to fully accept it just yet). Her dolphins fell off her cast (ironically, while swimming- sticker dolphins don't swim), so I repainted. Her cast comes off Tuesday; she's really excited.

Hi,
One of our 13 week old barred plymouth rock hens turned out to be a Roo.
I'm trying to sell two as a breeding pair for $20.

We're in Sandy.

Any takers?

We don't want to sent it to freezer camp unless we have to.

Here's the link on KSL

Thanks for looking
Marty

Thanks so much BluJems & Slvrphoenix!
I'm so happy for you! New chickens are so exciting. :) Yes, Silverphoenix and Blujems have the same bird in their pictures....they are husband and wife.
big_smile.png

That's so cute!
Well... that explains the matching birds then
gig.gif

Sphinx, SUPER CUTE kiddo!!! LOVE the missing teeth and cute face... what a doll!!

And, how rude am I?? I neglected to mention that while Lisa did get me those birds, it was the first time I met her in person
hugs.gif
We've been PM'ing since chickenstock, so it was really fun to actually meet you Lisa!!! I really cannot believe you have grandchildren, you are so beautiful and young-looking, are you sure your oldest kids weren't adopted?? I am also VERY eager to hear how things went at birdguy's place, did you make it out of there emtpy-handed??
lau.gif

Oh yeah, I need to get the camera and put up some pics of the new girls...

Pretty little chick, this is one of the ones Lisa hatched...Kiddos named her Snowball... go figure, none of the all white chicks we have is named that, lol... Cynthia, the white one behind it is one of the Leghorn EE's, looking like a roo... And the white one behind that is one of the Delawares...

FBCM pullet from pawtraitart, looks a little different than the ones I got from Cynthia, more red on the neck... Her name is Dougie... 4 yr old named her, one of the cockerels we sold was named dougie, so now this little girl has taken his place...

Boys named her Flower, "because she looks like she has a flower on her face". The pic doesn't really do her justice, she's a really pretty bird, Lisa said she looks like she's scowling, this pic kind of makes her look like a vulture=) She was in with the younger chicks during the day, then when I let the big girls out to free range tonite, I put her and my older pullets (about 14 weeks old) in the bigger run.. .She's done really well, hopped right up on the roost, hanging out with my older pullets like she's always been there

Back
Top Bottom