Utah!

Where are you located at? I'm coming from Lehi area to South Ogden . Do they need to come this way? Or you asking me if I want them? How old is your Japanese Bantam? I have one little mystery bantam that is 8 weeks, and I feel bad that she is the only one, and have thought about getting her a small buddy. I do have 4 silkies chicks at 3 weeks right now, but I'm sure they will be bigger then her, they already look bigger then what she was at that age.

I was just saying, for anyone who wants it...I live in Spanish Fork. I am only asking 5 for each. She is tiny, I would guess she's about a week old is all.
The ButterCup is about three weeks now. Guessing, since she came with my Houdans.

My Houdan is starting to get more of a cap. Cute.

Lisa, yaaay, you will get eggs from her now. That's always a great plus to the cuteness.

Quote:
Oxine & vinegar should NOT be used together in drinking water or for nebulizing. The vinegar is an organic acid, like the citric acid activator that is used to "activate" Oxine for more potent cleaning. If I understand right, vinegar will also activate Oxine & then you are supposed to not breathe it without a mask, etc.

Oxine & ACV seem to both be very good for achieving good results, used separately.
smile.png

My Fungal Infections page on site linked in my sig has more instructions on using Oxine. Sorry it's confusing to read somewhat--I hope to organize the page for more clarity sometime...

Last edited:
I've got three SFH chicks coming from Daloorashens. We just need a way to get them to you and it'd work perfectly.
smile.png

Yes, need to get that chickentrain coordinated!! lol!

And the answer is no. We don't have a pen or quarantine space built yet. I have bresse chicks coming and eggs. I will mention that I don't have pasture space either. I was going to do a fodder like clover diet, to supplement my lack of space for them. Not was, am. Just have a lot longer to prepare.
Well, darn it, I would have loved for you to have them

Oxine & vinegar should NOT be used together in drinking water or for nebulizing. The vinegar is an organic acid, like the citric acid activator that is used to "activate" Oxine for more potent cleaning. If I understand right, vinegar will also activate Oxine & then you are supposed to not breathe it without a mask, etc.

Oxine & ACV seem to both be very good for achieving good results, used separately. :)

My Fungal Infections page on site linked in my sig has more instructions on using Oxine. Sorry it's confusing to read somewhat--I hope to organize the page for more clarity sometime...

I AM SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS! So far I have not had problems, but I just changed out the water when I saw this!EEK!~! I will just alternate then :) Hope I did not make anybody sick out there, Thank you so much for being on here! Do you prefer one or the other, oxine or ACV?

Last edited:
Pictures of my Japanese bantam now. Took some for Silly to show how big .. or little they are.

She's a Birchen in coloring.

Yes, need to get that chickentrain coordinated!! lol!

Well, darn it, I would have loved for you to have them

Me too!! :( DH is starting to feel overwhelmed by the chicken thing, so I am stepping lightly. He has been very supportive so far, I just have to be more patient. I hope to have a quad at some point and have them as a sustainable meat flock. Some day soon. What I need is a few acres within a thirty minute (max) drive from here...

Cynthia, that Japanese bantam is gorgeous. Love her.

Lisa, congrats on your polish laying!

I finally have pips in my eggs. I have at least 3 at this point. One of them pipped at the wrong end. Of course. So, webcam is live.

I AM SO GLAD YOU POSTED THIS! So far I have not had problems, but I just changed out the water when I saw this!EEK!~! I will just alternate then
smile.png
Hope I did not make anybody sick out there, Thank you so much for being on here! Do you prefer one or the other, oxine or ACV?
So now I'm all confused on what to do. Basically I need to know is it safe in the water? I have a 1 gallon fountain for the Bantam, and I have a I think 2 gallon bucket with 3 nipples, and then how do I mix it to spray out the coop. And do I actually spray the birds down with it too. Sorry, I just don't want to do it wrong.
Pictures of my Japanese bantam now. Took some for Silly to show how big .. or little they are.

She's a Birchen in coloring.
Love them, they are adorable.

I finally have pips in my eggs. I have at least 3 at this point. One of them pipped at the wrong end. Of course. So, webcam is live.
I had to jump on and check, and she still hasn't come out. I figured when I got home from the preschool graduation she would have been out and I missed it.

Here is my Little Peanut, 8 weeks old, anyone know what type of Bantam she is?

So now I'm all confused on what to do. Basically I need to know is it safe in the water? I have a 1 gallon fountain for the Bantam, and I have a I think 2 gallon bucket with 3 nipples, and then how do I mix it to spray out the coop. And do I actually spray the birds down with it too. Sorry, I just don't want to do it wrong.
Love them, they are adorable.
I had to jump on and check, and she still hasn't come out. I figured when I got home from the preschool graduation she would have been out and I missed it.

Here is my Little Peanut, 8 weeks old, anyone know what type of Bantam she is?

Silly, that cute little Peanut is a very pretty Calico Cochin! She's going to be gorgeous!

Me too!!
sad.png
DH is starting to feel overwhelmed by the chicken thing, so I am stepping lightly. He has been very supportive so far, I just have to be more patient. I hope to have a quad at some point and have them as a sustainable meat flock. Some day soon. What I need is a few acres within a thirty minute (max) drive from here...
Lilwanis-when my chicken fever started just over a year ago, it was my husband that actually started it! We started with 3 chicks...which quickly grew to 6...9....12...and my flock has been shuffled around quite a bit as I learned more and knew what I really wanted. (That is still kind of a work in progress, though! lol) And my DH did get a little overwhelmed for a while, really only when I had 3 different rooms in the house with brooders in them and he couldn't get a nap during the day without chicks peeping everywhere.
wink.png
But yes, do step lightly...but let him know how happy they make you, and he'll either come around or simply become resolved to the fact that they aren't going anywhere, just because he wants you to be happy.
big_smile.png

So exciting! Congrats :)

Back
Top Bottom