Utah!

Desert, I'm liking this idea, so that means I can get two more white egg layers right? I'm going to be over run by colored eggs and NEED the white ones to enhance those colors right?
LOL ... that's chicken math!! We've all been forced to learn it
lau.gif

oh look! i made one!
smile.png
. .. .. <--- again
Congrats!!
highfive.gif

I wish I knew the answer to that. I call it goop. I get goop every other hatch or so and it is gross and they drowned if I do not help them out. I HATE helping them out. For every two or three I save I lose one. I know I get more to hatch than leaving them, but I hate feeling like I killed one at the same time. Awful.

I always thought somehow it seemed to be connected to humidity. But really no idea. If anyone knows how to prevent this I would be so happy to know what to do different.
Congrats on a great hatch, and all those cute babies!

I have missed so much on here, been a busy week camping...maybe I can catch up tonight
big_smile.png
I just don't understand it.... 7 of the 10 didn't have it. I checked them last night and made sure they had an air hole but this morning had to pull all that sticky membrane from over their eyes and 2 had their poor wings stuck to their faces. They all made it but ..... geez.... hope someone on here knows what it is and what can prevent it. Still have the last three that look like they need a bath.
barnie.gif

Brian, are you going to make it over today? I have that Australorp out there, and the blue girl.

I put my RIR's out in the nursery today. It's so warm, I thought they would love being out of that brooder. Lots of them. I have someone that wants 10 of them. Any one else need a good laying hen, or a nice cockerel to take care of your girls?

I also have two LF Faverolles..I only need one. Not sure of the sex yet..hoping there is a girl in there. Look up the Roosters in that breed, they are one of the prettiest Roosters out there! With that big black beard, and the colors on the body. Man, wish I could keep one of those!

I will probably have a few Blue Laced Red Wyondotte boys for sell soon. Just watching to make sure I get my girl. These sure are a lot darker than my first girl.
If you do need to re-home a girl please let me know. I would love to have one. :D

I have been missing for a while. Crazy month of graduations, Eagle courts, mission preparation, senior trip, and on and on........
I got on today hoping maybe someone would know someone who could help me. I would like to adopt a lab puppy for my daughter. We are looking for a yellow lab, preferably male. We have rescued all older labs from the shelters and thought it would be easy to find a litter looking for a home- NOPE- everyone is asking $400-$600
Our oldest Lab is on his last days and my kids have really earned the right to finally raise a puppy.
Does anyone know of someone who isn't a breeder that has labs?
Thanks everybody!!

Oh and my oldest OE, began laying dark russet colored eggs....What????
Look on Petfinder.com. They have every shelter and rescue group in the state. I actually use to help run the Utah Lab Rescue until Barbi moved to New York. I really miss doing rescues. You can always find puppies in the shelter, but usually over 6 months old. If your patient you will find what you are looking for.

Ditto to "rrrsmom" and I'm sure there are many more with our problem. I am located in West Jordan and have fallen in love with my Barred Rock "Betty; who is now Betty-Bob". everyone wants to eat him. Help me keep him off of somebodies menu!

Ditto to "rrrsmom" and I'm sure there are many more with our problem. I am located in West Jordan and have fallen in love with my Barred Rock "Betty; who is now Betty-Bob". everyone wants to eat him. Help me keep him off of somebodies menu!

I had a Betty that was my favorite, and she became Freddy. Dang, hate it when that happens (all too often around my place!)

Still looking for a home for my Blue Wheaten 6 wk old boy.... and headed to SLC tomorrow, last call for a chicken train :D.

Last edited:
Look on Petfinder.com. They have every shelter and rescue group in the state. I actually use to help run the Utah Lab Rescue until Barbi moved to New York. I really miss doing rescues. You can always find puppies in the shelter, but usually over 6 months old. If your patient you will find what you are looking for.
Thanks! I met with that rescue yesterday, They are wonderful, going to meet Schooner & Kodiak on Mon :)
They think the mom might be a Blackmouth Cur/Shepard mix. The Cur makes me nervous...
They also has Great Pyrenese pups rescued that are almost ready- I'm great with the size but worried about the barking.
Did you check with the Provo Animal Shelter. I used to see labs in there often! They may have a young one or two in there. They are great dogs..like my Golden Retrievers. :)

How is your son? Our boy is busy! He's District Leader now, is training again, and opening a new area. What? We were a bit worried about all of that. Sounds like he is doing ok. The Lord wouldn't ask it of him if He didn't think he could do it, right? :)

Eagle courts ey? :D
Our son leaves July 10th, so glad your boy is progressing well, sounds wonderful. I will be traveling to Savannah, GA next April. So close to both of our sons!
Okay, so i talked to the lady she has some born in jan and another in feb. All males all black. the feb one is only $50 the other two are $150
Thank you for checking for me, how kind of you! I will pm you if we need the info
hugs.gif

SO......if my OE is laying a brown egg, is it a done deal? Brown eggs from her for good?
Any chance she will ever lay olive or am I waiting for my next OE to get old enough to lay?

Thanks! I met with that rescue yesterday, They are wonderful, going to meet Schooner & Kodiak on Mon :)
They think the mom might be a Blackmouth Cur/Shepard mix. The Cur makes me nervous...
They also has Great Pyrenese pups rescued that are almost ready- I'm great with the size but worried about the barking.
Our son leaves July 10th, so glad your boy is progressing well, sounds wonderful. I will be traveling to Savannah, GA next April. So close to both of our sons!
Thank you for checking for me, how kind of you! I will pm you if we need the info
hugs.gif

SO......if my OE is laying a brown egg, is it a done deal? Brown eggs from her for good?
Any chance she will ever lay olive or am I waiting for my next OE to get old enough to lay?

cyndi, I once had a blue I waited for the long six months to lay me that blue or blue/green egg for me. What did she lay? A nice smooth, pretty brown egg. They really were pretty, but what a surprise it was!

Okay... I know this is going to sound so stupid...But, I'm so excited for the girls to wake up tomorrow, and adventure out of the run/coop. Tonight after they all went to bed, I put down almost 30 ft by 20 ft of sod in their outside run.
ya.gif
Almost 3 hours later, and I still have almost 300 square feet left of sod to put down, so I will have to do that tomorrow when they are running around. I got too tired loosing all the dirt and hauling the sod into the backyard. I got it FREE off KSL today, a whole pallet for FREE. It was cut yesterday from the sod farm, so it looks beautiful. I just hope they don't kill it off before it grows, if not they will have to stay in the run, or on the other side of the fence in the free range. Its such a huge area, still have about 20 ft by 20 ft of dirt in the run, and they have their free range area most of the day, they should hopefully not dig it all up. At least its pretty long right now. The whole area looks so different, its always just been dirt for the last 8 years that we have lived here, and we kept saying, one day we will sod it, well I guess the girls finally motivated me to finally do it.

Back
Top Bottom