Utah!

I will seriously have to try that on my rhubarb i always thought it was the earwigs thanks a bunch!
bow.gif

Silly i am so sorry about your neighbor that totally sucks.

got some silky eggs today for my broody from Christie that had been incubating that where not supposed to hatch for a week,one of which pipped on the way home I'm excited. my broody didn't even complain much when i put them under her.
smile.png

Just re-homed another Rooster. That has made 7 so far this year, and I'm sure I have a Roo or 2 in the Silkie Bunch, really questioning one of the neighbors RIR's and one of my BRLW (NO). I also think that my little Silkie mix might be a Roo too, someone out there was making that sickly Crow this morning, and it was in the direction of the Silkie Mix, and no one was out in side yard yet, just her/him??? But I could be wrong, hopefully it was the one that is going to a new home right now.

Now if my poor neighbors could get their coop finished, I'm really starting to wonder if they are not going to make it. I feel awful for them. They started their coop, and its going to be awesome if they ever get it done, but her husband's sister just passed away a few weeks ago of cancer, and they just got home, to find out that her Husband has skin cancer and all the scan results say it already spread into his lumph nodes. So very Sad!

She did say if I need to re-home their 8 chicks, I'm free to, since I've had them now for about 3 weeks, and they will just get some when their coop is finished, but I feel awful, I told her they can stay here unless someone complains, since I'm over my 15 chicken limit. I know her husband, bless his heart was out there for a few working on the coop yesterday. So maybe they will get it done, If not I will have some babies well older babies available soon.

Are you sure that your city ordinance specifies chicks??? They aren't considered chickens until they are a year old... Just saying....
hide.gif

Are you sure that your city ordinance specifies chicks??? They aren't considered chickens until they are a year old... Just saying....
hide.gif
Yeah, that's good to know. Well I have 20 here, but 6 of them are my neighbors, and I'm only keeping 2 Silkies, just waiting till they are old enough to sex. So I'm really only 5 over my limit. All are 3 months or younger. :D Yes, its going to be forever before I see any eggs. hahaha! I think I will fall over the first time I see an egg out there.

Joel got his shipment of Welsummers from Whitmore Farms today. Cute little buggers, but they only sell them in groups of 25, so now we are back to having a heap of chicks running about. I still have some BLRW chicks, an few weeks old, and 4 Cream Legbar boys of the same age. Sheesh, we get rid of a bunch, then get a bunch more. I don't understand how this is happening--I shut my incubator down weeks ago!

So now I am back to having a heap of chickens to get rid of and no time to get it done. I told Joel he could only have a total of 10 Welsummers, including the 3 mostly grown ones he already has. Okay, maybe I'll go to 12. But that's it, I swear! He's going to have about 8 girls and 8 boys left over that I have to rehome. Desert, you still want some of them? I have no idea when I am going to get up to Duchesne, but I am sure either I or my roommates will be going up within the next 2 weeks. Don't have a clue what I'm going to do with all the boys around here--especially those Cream Legbar boys!

And that doesn't even count all the adults that need to go. There are at leat 2 BLRW down here that are only occasionally laying that need to go as well as the 3 Cream Legbar girls that suddenly decided laying eggs was preferable to becoming chicken salad. See, threats DO work!
Yes Donna!!! Count me in on those Whitmore Wels!! Just let me know what works and I'll be there!! Thanks!!

I just PMd both Brian and Lisa on the NN, I'm really glad he worked out a way to keep his girls. 

Brian I can get her from American Fork and meet up with Wendy for the transport if needed, I know you work, and I don't do much during the day but wrestle kids.  lol

Wendy if you come by Cedar Hills, you should come see Penguin and Sheriff.  They are getting so big.  I'm still a little worried about Penguin.  I just worry that she hurts.  She gets around pretty good, and she is starting to adventure out in the side yard more, but I'm always seeing her eating laying down, wither it be free range or out of the feeders, she's always sitting to eat.  So it just makes me wonder about her.  She is making it up to the nest boxes at night to sleep, which is really make me mad since I read not to let them do that, but I really don't think she can hold on to the roost that long.  She has a really hard time with it.  So I might just have to make one her bed, just for the fact I don't really think she can perch all that long.  Poor girl. 

Thanks Karen for the info! I messaged Brian. Sphinx, I will text you tomorrow if anything might work :D I am hoping he is able to keep her if possible, but will see.

So I walked out to my coop/run. I am standing next to the coop house, with the 18 inch space underneath where they sit in the shade. The ground feels mushy. I step forward and the ground caves in. My girls have been under the house, on the perimeter, digging sideways under the footing, and dug out almost TWO FEET, burrowing. The whole area I was standing on was hollow underneath. STINKERS! Now my grass is a mess thanks to these little deviants lol. In order to try and fix it, I had to wiggle underneath the house in that small space, and push dirt back into the hole and try to fill it in enough for the grass to go back up to the height it should. That space if SO FULL OF POOP ewwww. It was a gross job. The things I do for my grass Grrr. I put lots of rocks right there, there are many rocks around the inside perimeter from them doing this....then when I am all done I stand back out side and look at the coop and realize it has all sunk about 6 inches and is all crooked. Now I will need to get a crowbar and try to lift it back out of the sinkhole they made and fix it. They are in a bit of trouble with me, no treats tomorrow, no way! Even though I am sure it was nice and cool down there and they had their big fun. Still, that is a no-nooooo.

Lol Casa that's just great, they were just doing some remodeling.

Ace, I am not much help with that, sorry :(.

Corvidae and Desert, I think welsummers are georgous! Post pictures so I can drool over them lol.

Rykel, earwigs are evil. I really really hate them. When i was a kid i picked up a balloon on the floor and went to blow it up when an earwig crawled into my mouth. Vile. I absolutely despise the beasts. Probably even more then maggots.

Brian, how you doing? Haven't seen ya on here for a couple of days.

Lilwanis, Jackson Hole is such a pretty place. I really like it there. Have fun! :)

Thebirdguy, good point! In that case i only have 6 chickens. That's a much more managable number. (I actually have 23 probably 25 by tomorrow at this time.)

Brad! I need your help. I have planted chard now for two years, since I first saw you post about it. I just love it! But this year, I am having something just chow down on it. When I brought some in, I had an ear wig fall out in the sink. Could they be the culprit? For some reason, I didn't think earwig, I checked for those little white bugs, and can't think of the name of them for the life of me now, but there weren't any, what about slugs? Something big is eating them, and I'm not seeing grasshoppers either. :/ Thanks! I am going to clean these up and eat the good parts any way. I threw some away last year and a neighbor said, don't throw them away, take the bad parts off, then eat the other, it's fine. So I do. Love this stuff..I don't think I would have known about it to this day if you hadn't mentioned it. It grows so easily too. :) Ok, while I was typing this up, my computer service went down. So I went to wash it, and guess what kept falling out again..? Earwigs. Man, I want to eat this stuff, but if I spray, I can't. How do I get rid of these things..or maybe I just pick and eat.. My chickens love earwigs. Wish I could let someone loose in this little garden area, but they would love the chard too. :lol:
yeah i make insecticidal soap with lemon scented dish soap (i use joy as its cheap) mix that with equal parts of cooking oil and then i just put it in a hose end sprayer. not only will it kill the bugs but it will keep them away. some also add pepper flakes. did you know swiss chard seeds its self? and the plants them selves will survive the winter, i just mulch over them. but i have not planted it in years and i have so much of it growing all over that i can share with the chickens and rabbits. i have tons of the stuff and it keeps dropping seeds all over so i know next year i will have even more and that is saying something. i keep finding more and more plants. i guess its a good problem to have :)

Lol Casa that's just great, they were just doing some remodeling.

Ace, I am not much help with that, sorry :(.

Corvidae and Desert, I think welsummers are georgous! Post pictures so I can drool over them lol.

Rykel, earwigs are evil. I really really hate them. When i was a kid i picked up a balloon on the floor and went to blow it up when an earwig crawled into my mouth. Vile. I absolutely despise the beasts. Probably even more then maggots.

Brian, how you doing? Haven't seen ya on here for a couple of days.

Lilwanis, Jackson Hole is such a pretty place. I really like it there. Have fun! :)

Thebirdguy, good point! In that case i only have 6 chickens. That's a much more managable number. (I actually have 23 probably 25 by tomorrow at this time.)
hey I've been much better. Sorry its been crazy around here. But I found a way to keep my chickens so im pretty happy about that .

That's great! Did you find a new place? Also, i was wondering what kind of dog you have?
Anyways, I personally love my chicken therapists, they always bring a smile to my face. :weee Keep on keeping on. :)

Back
Top Bottom