Utah!

I have a chirping egg..... EEKKKK I'm going nuts because I have to leave. Taking the kids on the Heber Creeper Easter Train, and we are leaving here in about 20 minutes, going to get my daughter from school, pick up Grandma and head up to Heber to have fun at the baby animal petting zoo and then a train ride at 6pm with the Easter Bunny. But I don't want to leave I can hear one in there, its driving me nuts!

I am sure Taylorsville Animal Control doesn't know about her or they would shut her down in a heart beat. I live just a few blocks from her and bribe my neighbors with eggs. I even have 3 roos but one complaint would shut me down

I was thinking something similar. After my neighbors complained about me...and I keep my pens clean and not overcrowded (well, not too overcrowded anyway). That is, they have more space than the state requires, but less than BYC folks recommend, but more than the IFA "coops" that they sell. Anyhow, they are clean and not piled on top of each other.

I am sure Taylorsville Animal Control doesn't know about her or they would shut her down in a heart beat. I live just a few blocks from her and bribe my neighbors with eggs. I even have 3 roos but one complaint would shut me down
I wouldn't complain for that reason, I'm sure Karma will catch up to her.

I'd love to be able to pick up some of those breeds she carries but aside from a few KSL posts recommending her, I can't take the risk. Especially if she doesn't gty her chicks for 48 hrs. Big money could be dropped there by a chicken addict lol. Any idea how she's sexing them (non-obvious breeds)? She said if it's a roo, she'll take it back but won't give you a new bird/chick, just a place for your roo to go.

Cynthia I logged on just for you today!
smile.png
I'm not needing any chickens and I'm just stopping by. I want to see pics of your golden doodles!
Here is a black one when I still had it home at 6 weeks.
1601087_10200471721955371_2127486876_n.jpg

See the wave?

Here is a photo that is small..this lady bought two of them. Can't see too well, but I love that cream one. She just lives about 5 mins away! I want to see these grown up..oh, and this little black girl lives here in Spanish Fork too. I want to see them!
1003068_10200551081019298_327728094_n.jpg

Last edited:
Silly, yep! She sounds broody :) I have had some pretty stubborn broodies before, so good luck.

I saw that chicken video on Facebook, too. I have a couple of hens that will do that. I love it.

I finally got my turkey eggs in the incubator! Let the games begin.

Came home to more chirps, and 2 of the 3 Leghorns has pipped. The one was very small and now looks like its going to start zipping because its gotten quite big in the 15 minutes I have been home. Let the hatching begin. Hope I get more then just those Leghorns, they were just the filler eggs my daughter picked out. Not sure if they are white or brown since the lady said she had both. But we will see. I might actually keep one. :D

I wouldn't complain for that reason, I'm sure Karma will catch up to her.

I'd love to be able to pick up some of those breeds she carries but aside from a few KSL posts recommending her, I can't take the risk. Especially if she doesn't gty her chicks for 48 hrs. Big money could be dropped there by a chicken addict lol. Any idea how she's sexing them (non-obvious breeds)? She said if it's a roo, she'll take it back but won't give you a new bird/chick, just a place for your roo to go.
She told me she sexing them by weight and wing feathers but that the more rare breeds like silkies she cant gaurentee them and will always exchange if I got a rooster. Part of me wants to get one more black one from her and just hope it'll be ok but im just not sure I want to risk loosing anymore so if you or anyone knows where I could find a bearded, full crested black baby please let me know! :)

She told me she sexing them by weight and wing feathers but that the more rare breeds like silkies she cant gaurentee them and will always exchange if I got a rooster. Part of me wants to get one more black one from her and just hope it'll be ok but im just not sure I want to risk loosing anymore so if you or anyone knows where I could find a bearded, full crested black baby please let me know! :) 

I don't get how she can accurately do that...the weight of the chicks is determined by the size of the egg it hatched from, so all her leghorn chicks will supposedly be roosters lol The size of the chick at hatch does not seem to determine gender at all from what I have seen.... strange.....I believe I am staying away from this place now. I am grateful that people on here were kind enough to post their reviews. Thank you. :)

Back
Top Bottom