Utah!

Dropping in to say hello! I am relocating to Salt Lake City from Cleveland next week and I love keeping backyard chickens. I have two now and I hope to add more in the spring once we've settled in from the move and built a new coop.

Look forward to chatting with all of you!

Welcome to Salt Lake City! Luckily, we can keep chickens here in the City proper.
Permits are required, and you can keep up to 15 hens, but no roosters (again, this is if you are in the city proper).

https://www.slc.gov/sustainability/local-food/backyard-chickens-in-salt-lake-city/

Welcome again, and good luck on the move! :)

Dropping in to say hello! I am relocating to Salt Lake City from Cleveland next week and I love keeping backyard chickens. I have two now and I hope to add more in the spring once we've settled in from the move and built a new coop.

Welcome to Utah! It's a great place for people and chickens.

Hi Utahns!
I am looking to add a guard goose to my flock of ducks and was wondering if anyone would like to join me in an order so we can meet the minimum shipping requirements. We need to all want the same breed of gosling since there is a minimum per breed as well. We are looking to get female tufted roman goslings from the East County San Diego Zoo hatchery. It is $19.30 per female gosling and shipping is free once we reach the 8 gosling minimum. They are a small, friendly goose that make great weeders and guard geese! If you are interested in joining me, please PM me and hopefully we can place the pre-order for delivery in late March/early April. I live in SLC.
Thanks!
Eran

Hi there!

And welcome to Utah! I hope your move was smooth and without any issues. Anyway, just wanted to say welcome and to your new beginnings at home and with your flock to be!

I’m in mid-southern Utah, Sevier County area on 3 1/2 acres with 14 “teen chicks”, 4 ducks, 1 turkey, and a 10 week old Blue Heeler Mini Aussie pup. Glad to be here. Checking to see what chickens may be good to raise to sell in the area.

I'm in central .. Spanish Fork. I've had luck with so many different breeds through the years. Even with the cold, those leghorns with their long floppy combs do welll. What folks tend to like are the good egg layers, and, the better temperaments. The Sexlinks are great. I love the reds. Buff orpingtons are popular, as well as the barred rocks. Folks also like the silver laced, and red laced Wyondotts. They go broody...so will the Orpingtons. :). Good luck. This thread used to be a blast. It's slowed way down. You and yours stay safe out there.

I’m in mid-southern Utah, Sevier County area on 3 1/2 acres with 14 “teen chicks”, 4 ducks, 1 turkey, and a 10 week old Blue Heeler Mini Aussie pup. Glad to be here. Checking to see what chickens may be good to raise to sell in the area.

I very much agree with the list from Cynthia12. The only breed I would add is the Rhode Island Red. It seems to be very popular in my area (Sanpete County). Welcome to the Utah group!

Hi people!

I'm also in Utah, Utah County specifically but don't want to be identified.

I'm curious and hopeful about cities in Utah being more lenient about poultry rules, etc. with all the craziness going on.

To the guy who was ordering geese earlier, I wonder how you do that without getting neighbors upset? (I hope it works.) And I wonder why you chose tufted romans over something that looks nicer like embdens? Or do romans have something special about their traits?

Back
Top Bottom