Vacation pics ........

lurky

Songster
12 Years
Jun 4, 2007
Western MA
So we took a few cool pictures on our very short vacation. The first two are self explanatory. The third is a stretch of road called moose alley. It is the stretch or road that connects the last town in N.H. to Canada. It is loaded with moose......they are a dime-a-dozen. We had to sit in the road to let the deer cross....turkey cross. The wildlife up there dont see too many people so they look at you funny...as you can see LOL
I hope you like them. ps....you see i could not escape baby chicks?
DSC_0376.jpg

DSC_0371.jpg

DSC_0357.jpg

DSC_0331.jpg

DSC_0381.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pictures. They are great! I love the moose pictures. So jealous, always want to see moose when we go to Canada but none yet. Have to head to NH next time and cross over:)

Thanks.....I get a kick out of the look on the face of the smaller moose. Wierd look in his eyes. The deer looks fake but i promise its not. So the nice pictures make it look like a wonderful vacation but it was aweful
barnie.gif
It rained and was very cold up there. We slept in a tent and woke up shivering. Came home early, and in its place i went to the butterfly conservatory near Yankee candle. I loved it.......i wish i had brought my camera. They have butterflies from all over the world alive in there. They had baby button quail in display boxes that you could adopt. DH said NO before i even opened my mouth
lau.gif
The quail are out in the conservatory too. We wondered if they are there to eat the weak/dead butterflies and keep it clean. So anyway.....a great end to the vacation
ya.gif

Last edited:
Wow! Beautiful pictures!

I have to share that I was amazed to see a young moose calf and its mother in New York of all places!!
This was a the beginning of June, as I travelled on I84, I pulled into a rest stop with a view of a small clearing surrounded by woods. There was this calf, about a hundred yards away and I was amazed! Out of the woods trotted mom moose and she stood there staring me down.
There were other people at the rest stop, but no one else had been looking down the hill, so no one else saw them.

What an experience you must have had to see so much wildlife on your vacation!
Thank you for posting them!!
clap.gif

Quote:
Well, first thing is that we go to this place just to see the wildlife. Its always loaded with wildlife in Pittsburg NH. It just a matter of what and when. But the funny thing was when we got back, the front page story in our daily paper was about a young moose that wandered through town (with pics) it was a few miles from our house. They had to relocate it. So its quite a coincidence we went up north specifically to see moose and missed the rare appearance in town. It was still way nicer up there
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom