Vacuum Cleaner Ratings wanted PLEASE!

I have a Kirby Heritage II model, bought new in about 1986 from a pushy, hard core Kirby salesman. ( I was young and naive at the time). It gives me a thrill every time I go into the Kirby store to buy bags and a different pushy, hard core Kirby salesman tries to talk me into buying a new one, and I refuse! Mmmwwwhhhaaahhaaa! It works GREAT!

What a timely topic...my old upright is reaching the break - even point, of when replacement parts are almost half the replacement costs. So what's everyone's thoughts on this?
HEPA bags are absolutely necessary for me, but the cost over time is ! The attachments are crumbling, can't find replacement belts anymore, and after all the disassembling time after time (well, I have teens that have used it without bags, as a shop vac, and what ?) it just doesn't seem to seal as well. But it has handled the years of abuse well, so I'm not complaining as much as explaining.
I've seen the Meile in catalouges and heard from people who swear by them (not at them).
So, buy a really expensive machine next time, or another 5 year $200 model that takes lots of $2 filters, $20 filters, $15 belts that aren't available after a few years? Um, wait. I still have those teenagers living at home. Guess its cheap until they REALLY move out.

Look on craiglist. I just spent $50 and got a Dyson and a Kenmore. Both in like new shape. It was disgustingly gross
sickbyc.gif
how well the Dyson worked.

Back
Top Bottom