Valentines Day chicks

I always go by how they're acting rather than what thermometers say. A warm side and a cool side are important so that they can regulate their temperatures whether they need to cool off or warm up. So yes, I would lower is a bit if they're huddling under it just watch for panting, holding wings away from their bodies, or staying away from the heat source, that would all mean it's too warm. You're goal is to see them snuggling under the warmth and spreading out to eat and drink. The first couple days you probably will see them sleeping more though and that's normal for newly hatched chicks.
I do I keep the little buggers from knocking my thermometer probe out from under the lamp? or do I? lol

I do I keep the little buggers from knocking my thermometer probe out from under the lamp? or do I? lol

I've never used a thermometer probe with my chicks so I'm zero help there, lol. I actually switched to using a heat plate with my first chicks and never looked back. Love those things!

I've never used a thermometer probe with my chicks so I'm zero help there, lol. I actually switched to using a heat plate with my first chicks and never looked back. Love those things!
43E03D28-444D-42C2-AD1A-0230345C656C.jpeg

I wish I could post a video. They’re all (mostly) napping underneath it.about 6 Others are poking around the food and water

I have about 8 maybe-eggs left,but one is cheeping from inside. Part of the shell is moved,but the membrane is still solid. Leave him for now?

Back
Top Bottom