Valentines Day chicks

CluckNDoodle

Hatchaholic
Premium member
Jan 12, 2019
Georgia
Droopy wings baby died overnight :( good news. Two more hatched overnight also. One has curled toes on one foot. I read a band aid can fix this,
I'm so sorry he passed, sometimes they just fail to thrive. That was completely out of your control. :hugs
The toes may be from being in the egg longer. You can usually fix it fairly easily with a bandaid but like @Nabiki suggested, it may work itself out once it's moving around a bit as long as it's able to walk ok.

TheBoss_512

Chirping
Oct 12, 2019
Give the curled toes at least a day to straighten out on their own before you try shoes.
I'm so sorry he passed, sometimes they just fail to thrive. That was completely out of your control. :hugs
The toes may be from being in the egg longer. You can usually fix it fairly easily with a bandaid but like @Nabiki suggested, it may work itself out once it's moving around a bit as long as it's able to walk ok.
thank you! Do you think he’s dry enough too come out? Hes starving and pecking at the other ones feet nonstop. Also,a baby quail butt for pick-me-up.

Attachments

Top Bottom