Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

That's great. Remember, in the wild a hen can't set a machine to keep her nest at exactly 99 degrees so don't worry to much unless it was a massive drop or rise for a long time.

I'm still holding my breath on those other eggs here. If no others hatch I'll know I need to check my incubator well for faults. They were all alive at day 18... My 12 babies are going strong. Even Pip Squeak has started to get a little bigger
1f602.png

Logically I know that in real hens it doesn't stay exactly on temp all the time, but I get a little too emotionally invested I think! Given that one pipped almost a full day early I think it's going to be OK. :)

It's only what, day 22-23 for you? (Based on the first round of chicks?) So the ones left might be from a younger batch. I think they'll be OK. Is this your first time hatching?

Logically I know that in real hens it doesn't stay exactly on temp all the time, but I get a little too emotionally invested I think! Given that one pipped almost a full day early I think it's going to be OK. :) It's only what, day 22-23 for you? (Based on the first round of chicks?) So the ones left might be from a younger batch. I think they'll be OK. Is this your first time hatching?
I've hatched before but I've never done a staggered. I've also never had my humidity AND temp go crazy like it has this hatch. I am probably paranoid
1f602.png
I'll probably come home from church tomorrow to another 10 wiggling
1f602.png
They probably just want to be a Valentine's Day surprise. Here are a few of my hatches so far. This is Blondie due to the unusual blond cap And say hello to my first Goliath and the last to hatch Pip Squeak. Names are obvious.

Last edited:
That sounds right I had the temperature at 99.5 for my chicken eggs in there.
Just one more question is it bad that it looks like the shell is just coming off but not through the membrane?
This is the first that was coming out now, he is going to town on that shell

That sounds right I had the temperature at 99.5 for my chicken eggs in there.
Just one more question is it bad that it looks like the shell is just coming off but not through the membrane?
This is the first that was coming out now, he is going to town on that shell

Nope, its not bad at all. Just don't go picking at it yourself...;-]

Back
Top Bottom