Valentines Day Hatch-A-Long 2016

Here are my day 12-13. Slight staggered due to production lvs. Started with 40. Lost 2 to blood ring and 8 to not fertile. All in all 30/40 alive and kicking. Great.

Last edited:
My day 10 report: total I've pulled 5 clears,and 4 quitters. Got 6 shipped eggs left and 4 local that are too dark to see into. At least one of the shipped is going very strong! He was moving and kicking this morning when I candled.

My day 10 update: I re-checked the 3 clears and 2 were definitely still clear, so I pulled and cracked them open. Looked normal. Last one looked weird, but no veins and when I cracked it open the yolk was gross and mealy looking. No sign of development that I could see. Really glad I pulled it.

The 13 others I left in the tray and just candled the tops to check for veins without removing the egg. Will look at them better on Sunday.

My day 10 update: I re-checked the 3 clears and 2 were definitely still clear, so I pulled and cracked them open. Looked normal. Last one looked weird, but no veins and when I cracked it open the yolk was gross and mealy looking. No sign of development that I could see. Really glad I pulled it.

The 13 others I left in the tray and just candled the tops to check for veins without removing the egg. Will look at them better on Sunday.
That's an early fail, the yolk gets milky.

I cracked open all my fails. It was interesting showing my daughter a blood ring death. The clears were just normal looking.
1f60a.png
1f60a.png

Hey, where is everybody?

Day 14 candle this morning and all 13 are still hanging in there. The air cells looked a little small, so I dropped my humidity a bit. Hope everyone else is doing well!

Back
Top Bottom