Various of my chic flock killed/wounded by 2 unknown beagles and would like to find "owners" of thes

chickchoon1

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 5, 2014
Ohio
Not giving details and i want to figure way to find if these 2 have owner or possibly were dumps. I have a very very bad impression of people that hunt w/dogs and I am praying this can maybe prove me wrong once. May try asking various houses if they're missing 2 beagles or know of anyone having beagles to see if I can find owner. Suspect dumped as very thin. But...am heartbroken.

Sorry for your loss. Yes, I suppose listing on CL might turn up legit owner. Then again, maybe just someone trolling for a couple hounds (have your itemized bill for damages prepared so that whoever shows up has to pay). However, if there is an available pound it's probably best to let Animal Control resolve the disposition of these poultry killers.

We're at the bottom of a long dip on a country road and we've had multiple "dumped dogs". Those that are friendly are taken to pound, those that aren't are retired immediately. If we didn't have predator proof runs/coop/shed for the chooks and turks, I'd be too nervous to leave home. As it is, the potential for some species of poultry killing vermin to appear on the quietest summer evening with the turks and chooks out ranging with the humans? Yes, all free range time is armed, supervised free ranging.

Had some tail thumping 60-70lb. mash-up of a Retriever/Lab/Blue Tick??? show up a couple weeks back. Very friendly fella that had been fitted with a wide collar, for a long time, judging from the indentation around neck. He went loping around runs - just the sort of dog that would "playfully" torture and kill all the birds and then canter over to the human, throw front paws up over the human's shoulders and "smile" "oh, what a good dog am I!!!". Into the jeep and off to the pound that same morning.

Look to upgrading passive defenses & good luck!

On the off chance they are microchipped, you might run them by a vet or shelter to scan for one. Some people think having a chip means no collar or tags needed. I'm sorry for your loss.

Back
Top Bottom