Vegetable Garden Planner — Design Your Best Garden Ever

havi

[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Si
11 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Waco, Texas
For all the gardeners out there, you have to try this!! Its free for 30days and all you have to do is provide a email address. Nothing else. I just found this in my Mother Earth News magazine and tried it out. Its great! I have such a hard time knowing when I should plant what and when I need to start seedlings inside. It shows you all this. I made my garden and list of plants I wanted to plant and I was even able to print it out.

http://www.motherearthnews.com/garden-planner/vegetable-garden-planner.aspx

Thank you!! I've been playing with this all morning!!! I have tried several different ones in the past, and this is the best I've tried. I may even subscribe to this one.

No problem. I knew others would love it just as much as I do. I know me too. I love the fact that it will send you an email reminder before hand so you dont forget. Cause of course, with my ADD, I always forget until its to late. I also like this garden planner:

http://www.gardeners.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-Gardeners-Site/default/Page-KitchenGardenDesigner

Because I will be doing raised beds next year and it tells me how many of what plant I can plant in a sq. ft. And I can see what it will look like before hand.

Very Nice!

Going to have to check those out. Do you know if either one tells you what plants do best next to or way away from each other?

If your in SoCal, there are several good books that list week by week what you should be doing. Pat Welch and hmmm one from the LA Times Gardening editor (out of print I think but easy to get on amazon used)

The one from Mother Earth News, when you click on the box next to the plant at the top, provides you with companion planting. What I love about this one in particular, is that you can build on this years garden for next year. It will flash a warning for crop rotation purposes so that you remember to rotate the crop families (I alway mess this up).

Back
Top Bottom