Vegetarian?

Quote:
Yes to all those questions if I were starving, including cannibalism and/or pets.

Yes but the thing is, many people aren't "starving" but they still eat meat?
idunno.gif

One excuse that I've heard people use is "Oh, well, cave men and people in the past ate a lot of meat, so I'm going to eat it too, because that's what is meant to be if people in the past did it."
roll.png
Seriously? Uh, are we cave men? No, we have other choices. Anyone with a brain could figure out that cave men couldn't simply go to the store and buy veggie meats.
roll.png
lol.png
It's pretty obvious that this is not a very good excuse. Cave men and people in the past had to eat meat for survival. Yes if people were Vegetarians back then, they could have eaten beans and stuff for protein, but meat was cheaper to get when times were hard. Cave men caught and killed animals for survival.

Today, I'm pretty sure many many people in the world has access to a store that sells Vegetarian alternatives, like veggie meats. In the past technology wasn't as advanced as it is today. Veggie meats didn't exist. Now they do, and so the excuse of "Cave men ate meat", is not a very good one.

Quote:
Yes to all those questions if I were starving, including cannibalism and/or pets.

idunno.gif

One excuse that I've heard people use is "Oh, well, cave men and people in the past ate a lot of meat, so I'm going to eat it too, because that's what is meant to be if people in the past did it."
roll.png
Seriously? Uh, are we cave men? No, we have other choices. Anyone with a brain could figure out that cave men couldn't simply go to the store and buy veggie meats.
roll.png
lol.png
It's pretty obvious that this is not a very good excuse. Cave men and people in the past had to eat meat for survival. Yes if people were Vegetarians back then, they could have eaten beans and stuff for protein, but meat was cheaper to get when times were hard. Cave men caught and killed animals for survival.

Today, I'm pretty sure many many people in the world has access to a store that sells Vegetarian alternatives, like veggie meats. In the past technology wasn't as advanced as it is today. Veggie meats didn't exist. Now they do, and so the excuse of "Cave men ate meat", is not a very good one.

Don't make no diffurns! Caveman or no, I ain't eatin' no "veggie meat" when a cow's available.

Quote:

idunno.gif

roll.png
roll.png
lol.png

One must ask, would a true blue, vegan/ vegetarian even eat anything, with the word,'Meat' on the label.......And why would you want your veggies to taste like meat, anyway, if it's such a nasty product, to be putting in your body?

did you know that being a Vegan/Vegetarian lowers your risk for obesity, diabetes, heart disease, etc etc etc etc

I became my FATTEST as a vegetarian. So this isn't necessarily true.​

Quote:
I became my FATTEST as a vegetarian. So this isn't necessarily true.

Like the paragraph that I posted said...... "Though there are many health benefits to being a vegetarian, it’s still important to note that any diet can be unhealthy if it includes too many fatty snacks or fried goods. Even vegetarians need to make healthy food decisions."

Last edited:
Quote:
idunno.gif

roll.png
roll.png
lol.png

Don't make no diffurns! Caveman or no, I ain't eatin' no "veggie meat" when a cow's available.

Agreed. Yes, there are "veggie meats" (which IMO, defeat the whole purpose
roll.png
) and it is your choice to consume them, just as it is our choice to consume meat. If I was starving and a person was available, heck why not? People are probably tasty, we just dont know it. And if everyone went to "Veggie Meats", what would happen to our excess animals? Our dairy cows that are no longer producing enough that would go to slaughter, what would happen to them? We've encroached onto our dairy land to produce more housing, so the only place for those cows to go is onto our plates. I could go on, but choose not to. But 77, you're making meat eaters seem pretty terrible, IMO. We're not sitting here talking smack about Vegetarians. Have a wonderful day, I have to go prepare for our Pre-Thanksgiving dinner, where we will consume a whole turkey and a big chunk of ham.
big_smile.png

Quote:

idunno.gif

roll.png
roll.png
lol.png

Oh,come on,77. "Cave men ate meat" because humans are built for eating both meat and plants.We're natural omnivores.When I was trying to be vegetarian,I just wanted to be a softie that "respects all life."
roll.png
Now i know that that was stupid.If I wanted to respect life,why couldn't I just boycott IHOP or do something USEFUL? Honestly,I had "Tofurky" last week.That was the worst dinner I ever had In my cotton-picking life.I mean,you couldn't see a bear surviving on berries.A free-range chicken that is vegan.A dog that lives off of leftover veggies.So why should we,humans,the natural omnivores,remove animal products from our diets?
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom