Vegetarian?

Yep! This thread went exactly where I thought it would go. Big debate betwix omni-herbi_vegi-carni---- and now fructavore.

I'm with Joe on this one. But I promise I will try to be a vegitarian I will only eat goat.

This is a forum for chicken owners right?

Don't eat meat don't eat eggs-- what in heck you doing with a chicken?

You don't want to eat meat, fine by me. Telling me and others how unhealthy meat is, well you finish the sentence. Remember anything eaten in excess ain't good.

Quote:
lol.png

I believe we didn't Evolve

Ok, then lets turn to the bible for guidance...

"Abel was a keeper of sheep, and Cain a worker of the ground. In the course of time Cain brought to the Lord an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the Lord had regard for Abel and his offering, but for Cain and his offering he had no regard."

Looks like even God preferred a good fatty mutton over a salad and maybe some taters.​

I think everyone has the right to their opinions and decision-making. I don't think anyone should be harrassed for their decisions or lifestyle choices. If I lived on my own I would be much more self sufficient but living with my folks they would never allow me to bring a cow home (not that I would ever have the guts to eat h/she if I could). So for now I am deciding to go vegetarian. I haven't even got up to making the decision on being Vegan or not (I don't know if I could ever give up cheese, tastes much better than any meat I have ever had). My grandfather even OWNED a cheese shop with hundreds of different types of cheeses. My mom brings blocks of cheese home and I'll eat the thing in a day with crackers. I've only so far made the decsision to give up MEAT not any other animal product. One day I might possibly go Vegan but my friends even aggreed that it would be almost impossible with me
smile.png
. I only eat the fake meat products at school once in awhile. It is not like I live off these MAN made products. At home I eat lots of salad and peanut butter and bread and such. I love fruit (strawberries are my favorite food group
big_smile.png
). But I do ADMIT when I decide to eat unhealthy I go ALL THE WAY. Ahaa like two nights ago I was crazing chocolate and before I knew it I had downed a whole bag of chocolate chips
hmm.png
Opps. I don't gain anything from it. I seem to run it all off? or I have a extremely high metabalism. We went to olive garden and I had a Mandicoti the size of king kong (more like plate size), 10 garlic bread sticks, 2 salads, and 2 glasses of water. I guess if I didn't run I wouldn't be able to eat like that. In the height of cross country season or training I get in around 50 miles or so a week, so yea I eat alot. My mom has Thyroid problems. She was thinking possibly I might (overactive thyroid) or something like that. I don't know what it means exactly.

I could eat like a hog and never put weight on, even when I was trying to. I could not gain weight at 5000 calories a day when I was playing ball. I used to go to McD's and get eight cheeseburgers, two orders of fries, and two shakes, and I'm not really that big.

Enjoy it while you can, middle age and a desk job will eventually change that!
lol.png

Yup..enjoy it while you can, kiddo.
smile.png

You could get your thyroid checked out though..the thyroid runs your metabolism (among other things)...so..if you are hyper-thyroid (over active thyroid) then you dont gain weight easy..among other things..
I'm hypo- thyroid(under active thyroid)..which means i hate skinny people..
lol.png

The thyrois runs ALOT of body functions..wouldnt hurt to get it checked..
hugs.gif

Last edited:
When I was in school, my friends and I knew where all the happy hour bar food specials were, and all of the "all you can eat" buffets.

Two of my friends were "Big John" and Little John." Little John was about 5'10" and about 280. He was "Little John" because Big John was 6'4" and 365. I was not much over half a "Little John", but the lot of us were asked to leave more than one "All you can eat" buffet. Guilt by assoication, in my case. Big John could not possibly go vegetarian; he'd have needed a hay bale for lunch.

Quote:
*sigh* Becoming a vegan is like a rabbit catching a fish.It just doesn't feel right.
Nature knows what she's doing,trust me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom