Vegetarian?

Quote:
WO-OW. You are so sad.So sad.
lol.png

*jk,I could care less about what you eat*

Quote:
Don't make no diffurns! Caveman or no, I ain't eatin' no "veggie meat" when a cow's available.

Agreed. Yes, there are "veggie meats" (which IMO, defeat the whole purpose
roll.png
) and it is your choice to consume them, just as it is our choice to consume meat. If I was starving and a person was available, heck why not? People are probably tasty, we just dont know it. And if everyone went to "Veggie Meats", what would happen to our excess animals? Our dairy cows that are no longer producing enough that would go to slaughter, what would happen to them? We've encroached onto our dairy land to produce more housing, so the only place for those cows to go is onto our plates. I could go on, but choose not to. But 77, you're making meat eaters seem pretty terrible, IMO. We're not sitting here talking smack about Vegetarians. Have a wonderful day, I have to go prepare for our Pre-Thanksgiving dinner, where we will consume a whole turkey and a big chunk of ham.
big_smile.png

Yeah,really.Why eat Tofurky when a turkey's availible? Okay,77. I'm a bad person just because I eat meat?Wow.Just,wow. Sorry,but I have to get off.I am going to warm up some steak.

Quote:
Um,we want to eat meat because we were evolved to do so. IMO,I think that being a vegan is interfering with nature. (No offense to any vegans out there,this is just my opinion.) Just as cows were evolved to graze on grass,we were meant to order ourselves a nice prime rib.
big_smile.png

Though there are many health benefits to being a vegetarian, it’s still important to note that any diet can be unhealthy if it includes too many fatty snacks or fried goods.

I did not eat fatty snacks. I ate low fat. Of course, now that I really understand human nutrition, a low fat vegetarian diet is the perfect formula for weight gain and bad healthy. Fat doesn't make you fat. Carbohydrates do. Of course you CAN do a low carbohydrate vegetarian diet. Many successfully do. I was not aware of the damage all those whole grains were doing to me.​

I've been vegan for 1 year now and I love it! And note: We all have different opinions but I believe we didn't Evolve it is showen in creation.

I agree, some people can't be Vegetarians because of health issues. But it's healthy for you if you don't have health issues and if you become a Vegan/Vegetarian, eat the right foods, exercise, and stick to it. Don't just decide that "meat is too yummy and you must eat it" or "it's too hard". It's really not when you get the hang of it. I'm a Vegetarian and I do Track&Field, Cross Country running, and sometimes soccer. Not to brag, but on my Cross Country team I one of the top 10 runners, I've come in 3rd, 2nd and 1st place at some track meets, and I do well in many other sports. So it's untrue that Vegans/Vegetarians don't get enough protein.

It's not impossible for vegetarians to be good athletes, but it is much harder in some sports. I absolutely craved meat during off-season weight training, and it would have been hard to substitute for it ... and no, that was not a football training program, that was in my post-football soccer days. In long-duration sports, you get most of your energy from glycogen, which you get from carbohydrates. I didn't eat meat heavily during the season, but I did eat some every day. Carb-loading during the season was the in thing when I was playing, though. I did eat a lot of meat during the off-season, mostly to aid in recovery from weight training. I also found that I really wanted meat after particulary hard matches, though, so I went with following the cravings.

My wife's a vegetarian, so I'm somewhat familiar with the dietary requirements. I would have to say I would have been hard pressed to find a way to play midfield on a vegetarian diet. If you're going to compete at top levels on a vegetarian diet, you'd need a really good understanding of nutrition.

You probably need to pay far more attention to carbs for cross-country that you do to meat, but you'd need to find something to replace the protiens from meat during post-race recovery days and during off-season weight training, as well as finding other sources of iron. I'm not a big fan of supplements, such as the "iron pills" the OP mentioned. Most of the supplements out there are being peddled by people just out to make a buck. There's a lot of advertising behind them, and minimal, if any science. They're not regulated, so anyone can bottle just about anything. You may need nutrients that take a long time to be absorbed, and if you get them from food, it works ... try to add them in a pill form, even eaten with food, and many go right through you. If you're going to use supplements, do your own research into the science behind what you're using. In many cases, they're just a waste of money, and in some cases, they're actually dangerous.​

Back
Top Bottom