Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

I find the Very Vanilla and similar kinds too sweet. I only drink unsweetened Almond milk, it's great for cooking and replacing real milk in recipes. anyone else tried the un-sweetened kind?

I went to WalMart on yesterday evening to buy a few vegetarians items and I was disappointed that WalMart didn't have a larger selection of things to choose from. Now I understand why many of you have suggested shopping in other ethnic stores (Asian, Indian, etc.) I was able to pick up a few things.
Amy's Light & Lean Spaghetti Italiano Bowl ( I tried this last night and it was delicious.)
droolin.gif

Amy's Enchilada Verde Whole Meal
Morning Star Farm Veggie Burger
Morning Star Farm Grillers Prime Veggie Burgers
Morning Star Farm Veggie Corn Dogs
I read the ingredients on the Smart Deli products and I had to look those up last night . ~
wheat gluten
carrageenan
xanthan gum
guar gum
soy lecithin
I noticed the Morning Star Farm products were made with sugar and I am trying to stay away from sugar.

This is definitely a learning experience. And I like it !
big_smile.png

the veggie corn dogs are SO GOOD! they stopped selling them for a while and I missed eating corndogs so bad, glad they started making them again

Quote: Haha, I had these two this week for work lunches.
droolin.gif
They were new to the store. I really, reallly like Amy's veggie pot pie, cheese enchilada, and veggie lasagne. My husband likes the shepherd's pie, and some sort of tortilla bowl thingy.

I find the Very Vanilla and similar kinds too sweet. I only drink unsweetened Almond milk, it's great for cooking and replacing real milk in recipes. anyone else tried the un-sweetened kind?

Yes, the Very Vanilla is sweet. I think that's why I'm loving it so much.

I made a banana smoothie with soymilk and 1 Tablespoon of honey for breakfast this morning. It was so delicious!

unsweetened here also, both the chocolate and regular almond. And now the almond coconut blend stuff (also unsweetened). The sweetened stuff is too full of sugar.
The sweetener that I read in the ingredient in the soy milk that I purchased was evaporated cane juice. I guess that's what makes it a little sweeter. I wish I liked the unsweetened milk but it taste like cardboard.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom