Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

If you grill tofu get the extra firm and press it in between kichen/paper towels to get out the excess moisture.Some people like to marinate it in a favorite sauceDo that for a few hours to get a good soak up.Some of the asian sauces would be good like asian barbecue or hoisin.

I FOUND THE HOISIN SAUCE!!!!!!!! IT WAS DELICIOUS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :drool Thank you for the tip. I thought about you when I was looking at 2 long rows of difference sauces. I was wishing you were there with me to help me pick out a few others. :barnie :th

I also bought the plum sauce. I found several barbecue sauces but wasn't sure which one you suggested, so I didn't get any. :oops: I'm going back when I have about 2 hours to just look.

I tried it with my grilled veggies and bean sprouts and it was fantastic. :thumbsup

Glad you liked it.Just read the labels for ingredients you may not want. Well if they are in english. Try a few things. I got miso and black bean sauce that was sooooo salty I had to toss it.

I would go to asian stores and get stuff I had no idea what it was. I loved banana ketchup for a long time along with instant ginger lemon tea. Red bean ice cream was interesting but not for me.

Peanut sauce is good too with some soba noodle,but check because some have fish in them or is way spicey(sp?)

Another thing I like with veggies is ume paste.It is pickled plums ground up.I get the mitoku brand.Good with stir fry or as a salad dressing.

http://www.naturalimport.com/shop_for_umeboshi_paste

Yeah it is fun to try new stuff. I like checking out indian and arab stores too. I loved (from arab store) grilled eggplant with tomatoes or peppers.Oh it was the best with some fresh bread. Now I am hungry.

Glad you liked it.Just read the labels for ingredients you may not want. Well if they are in english. Try a few things. I got miso and black bean sauce that was sooooo salty I had to toss it.

I would go to asian stores and get stuff I had no idea what it was. I loved banana ketchup for a long time along with instant ginger lemon tea. Red bean ice cream was interesting but not for me.

Peanut sauce is good too with some  soba noodle,but check because some have fish in them or is way  spicey(sp?)

Another thing I like with veggies is ume paste.It is pickled plums ground up.I get the mitoku brand.Good with stir fry or as a salad dressing.

http://www.naturalimport.com/shop_for_umeboshi_paste

Yeah it is fun to try new stuff. I like checking out indian and arab stores too. I loved (from arab store)  grilled  eggplant with tomatoes or peppers.Oh it was the best with some fresh bread.  Now I am hungry.

I saw this lady buying about 4 bottles of banana ketchup and I was wondering if it was good or not. I will try that. I'm glad that you mentioned peanut sauce. That's what I had with the golden fried tofu at the Thai restaurant a few weeks ago and it was delicious. That's on my list as well. ;)

Has anyone ever eaten Shirataki noodles or Miracle Noodles?

I eat miracle noodles all the time. Just a warning, I used to HATE them but for some reason I like them now. They are definitely a love it or despise it item. I think it's the nutritional yeast I put on them, which makes them just gummy enough to taste good. :p Plus, some people stir fry them to change the texture a bit. Just a warning, they smell fishy when you open the bag and have a weird texture. I mix them 50/50 with regular pasta and/or veggies and they are great for 'bulk'.

I don't like the ones with tofu for some reason, but others like those and not the clear ones. Don't buy a case until you try them!

Sorry this is a little off subject... I noticed your thread because Im not exactly a VEG but I dont eat mammals or birds. (While that doesnt leave much, I know I'm not a TRUE vegetarian). So anyway as kindof in your peergroup I have a question for you guys sheerly out of curiousity....

Are you raising your chickens strictly for show, pets,..? Do you eat eggs? What brought you to this site. You may have covered this topic in the past but there were SO many pages ( a good sign of a healthy group!)

Personally, initially for us it was for the pets and eggs.

Welcome! I know we have a few pescatarian types here - every little bit counts IMO. As for me, I got started in chickens because of being vegetarian - I didn't want to buy store battery eggs anymore. So yes, I eat the eggs from my chickens (but not the chickens themselves LOL). My chickens are pretty close to being pets, although they are 'outside' pets 100%. =)
Sorry this is a little off subject... I noticed your thread because Im not exactly a VEG but I dont eat mammals or birds. (While that doesnt leave much, I know I'm not a TRUE vegetarian). So anyway as kindof in your peergroup I have a question for you guys sheerly out of curiousity....

Are you raising your chickens strictly for show, pets,..? Do you eat eggs? What brought you to this site. You may have covered this topic in the past but there were SO many pages ( a good sign of a healthy group!)

Personally, initially for us it was for the pets and eggs.

Back
Top Bottom