Vegetarians ( and Vegans ) Thread!!!

Has anyone ever eaten Shirataki noodles or Miracle Noodles?

I eat miracle noodles all the time. Just a warning, I used to HATE them but for some reason I like them now. They are definitely a love it or despise it item. I think it's the nutritional yeast I put on them, which makes them just gummy enough to taste good. :p Plus, some people stir fry them to change the texture a bit. Just a warning, they smell fishy when you open the bag and have a weird texture. I mix them 50/50 with regular pasta and/or veggies and they are great for 'bulk'. 

I don't like the ones with tofu for some reason, but others like those and not the clear ones. Don't buy a case until you try them!

I have some Miracle Noodles and I cooked them but I didn't like them. :sick But in all fairness, I didn't mix it with anything. I wanted to see how they taste before I messed up a meal by adding them. I guess I should add them to whatever I'm cooking to get the full taste. :/

Are these rice based noodles? I have not heard of either of them before.

I like to use rice noodles and seasoned cooked padthai w/veggies (even warmed leftover veggies). I just put the rice vermaclli into warm water (like you would rice paper), then put seasami oil or walnut oil in skillet or wok, and when its hot, I toss in the noodles (having soaked them 2-5 minutes first) and tofu (or nuts/peanuts) and veggies (pre cooked is best for this quick dish), and when its all warm (1 minutes), I eat! Fast, easy, vegan.

Are these rice based noodles?  I have not heard of either of them before. 

I like to use rice noodles and seasoned cooked padthai w/veggies (even warmed leftover veggies).  I just put the rice vermaclli into warm water (like you would rice paper), then put seasami oil or walnut oil in skillet or wok, and when its hot, I toss in the noodles (having soaked them 2-5 minutes first) and tofu (or nuts/peanuts) and veggies (pre cooked is best for this quick dish), and when its all warm (1 minutes), I eat!  Fast, easy, vegan.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/default.aspx

Fettucine
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size: 3 oz
Servings Per Container: 2.3
Amount Per Serving
Calories 0Calories from Fat 0
Total Fat 0g0%
Protein 0g0%
Protein <1g0%
Sugar 0g0%
Carbohydrate <1g - only fiber
Zero Net Carbs, Zero Calories, Zero Glycemic Index
Ingredients: Water, glucomannan (soluble fiber), calcium additive.
No soy, gluten, or wheat!

Angel Hair
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0g0%
Protein 0g0%
Protein <1g0%
Sugar 0g0%

Rice
Nutrition Facts
Amount Per Serving
Total Fat 0g0%
Protein 0g0%
Protein <1g0%
Sugar 0g0%

I saw tons of noodles at the Asian Market but I was overwhelmed. I didn't know what was good and what to buy, so I didn't buy anything until I can research and hear reviews. :idunno

It's weird how I used to hate them and now I like them. I think it's because I mix them with other things to 'bulk' up. But they are definitely an acquired taste. If you put nutritional yeast on them they gum up a bit and taste better (to me).

It's weird how I used to hate them and now I like them. I think it's because I mix them with other things to 'bulk' up. But they are definitely an acquired taste. If you put nutritional yeast on them they gum up a bit and taste better (to me). 

Ok. I will do as you say and see what happens. I think if I would have mixed them with something else, it would have tasted better. Silly me, tried them alone. :smack

Are these rice based noodles?  I have not heard of either of them before. 

I like to use rice noodles and seasoned cooked padthai w/veggies (even warmed leftover veggies).  I just put the rice vermaclli into warm water (like you would rice paper), then put seasami oil or walnut oil in skillet or wok, and when its hot, I toss in the noodles (having soaked them 2-5 minutes first) and tofu (or nuts/peanuts) and veggies (pre cooked is best for this quick dish), and when its all warm (1 minutes), I eat!  Fast, easy, vegan.

Back
Top Bottom