VENT GLEET?!

Could you use Vagisil ladies cream for yeast infection, for that? I have some Lotrimin, but it's just a small tube for foot fungus, but also have more Vagisil.
No, Vagisil has benzocaine in it, and is very bad for chickens. Most anti-fungal creams would work--miconazole, lotrimin, even sulfur-based creams like Nustock from the feed store.

I use Dawn dish detergent. NOT the antibacterial one, just the regular old blue kind. It's what they use to clean wildlife after oil spills and is safe to use. I just use a small amount with some warm water and rinse really well. My girls actually tolerate it very well and don't seem to mind it. One of my girls appears to even enjoy it a bit. I think she's uncomfortable and the warm water feels soothing. I was using a VERY dilute amount of tea tree oil as it has anti fungal properties. The irritation went away, but not the root problem, so I'm going to try the monestat this time.

I use Dawn dish detergent. NOT the antibacterial one, just the regular old blue kind. It's what they use to clean wildlife after oil spills and is safe to use. I just use a small amount with some warm water and rinse really well. My girls actually tolerate it very well and don't seem to mind it. One of my girls appears to even enjoy it a bit. I think she's uncomfortable and the warm water feels soothing. I was using a VERY dilute amount of tea tree oil as it has anti fungal properties. The irritation went away, but not the root problem, so I'm going to try the monestat this time.

I bought monistat for my vent gleet chicken. It came with 3 cubes, with applicator and 1 cream. She is a small chicken should I be cutting the small cubes into 3? Maybe one in morning and one in evening totally 4 and half days of treatment?

All you need is generic miconazole cream which you can find about anywhere in the pharmacy section. You can use just enough to coat the skin once a day, and save the rest for the next day.

All you need is generic miconazole cream which you can find about anywhere in the pharmacy section. You can use just enough to coat the skin once a day, and save the rest for the next day.
So I do not even need to use the the little capsules? If it doesn’t clear up from just the cream and plain yogurt in diet should I try inserting the tablets in her vent hole like a woman would with a yeast infection?

If it doesn’t clear up from just the cream and plain yogurt in diet should I try inserting the tablets in her vent hole like a woman would with a yeast infection?
I would love to see the answer to that question too. Just had eye surgery today, but i can’t see enough yet to go through the whole forum here for it. Sorry. Thank G-d for my magnifying glass.

Back
Top Bottom