Vent is nasty

HuffstutlerHens

Chirping
Jul 12, 2022
I need help with my Salmon Favorelle. She's currently 22 weeks old. She was in coop with 12 other birds and I noticed she was moving around slowly. Very frail and skinny so I moved her to my hospital ward inside and checked on her today. I decided to take her outside for some sunshine and she stunk really bad. She looks worse. I noticed poop on her butt and rinsed it off and this is what her vent looks like. Anyone with recommendations please help. Why is it like this? The photo of her in cake pan was in June.

Attachments

• Salmon Favorelle 06.14.2023.jpg
    Salmon Favorelle 06.14.2023.jpg
    939.9 KB · Views: 23
  • Salmon Favorelle 09.28.2023.jpg
    Salmon Favorelle 09.28.2023.jpg
    594.6 KB · Views: 8
I need help with my Salmon Favorelle. She's currently 22 weeks old. She was in coop with 12 other birds and I noticed she was moving around slowly. Very frail and skinny so I moved her to my hospital ward inside and checked on her today. I decided to take her outside for some sunshine and she stunk really bad. She looks worse. I noticed poop on her butt and rinsed it off and this is what her vent looks like. Anyone with recommendations please help. Why is it like this? The photo of her in cake pan was in June.
I'm going to guess that's vent gleet (yeast infection). She needs probiotics pronto and something like Monostat topically on her butt after you wash it, and a couple times a day. Greek yogurt is one of the best probiotics, without sugar, but there's also other things you can put in her water like Hydro Hen, etc.

It's not catchy, but make sure you use gloves and wash up well after you treat her.

Back
Top Bottom