Venting -- Postal Service lost my chicks

I think they are supposed to scan items OUT as well as in. Which means that the driver picking items up scans them accepted, when they are put on the truck. If they can't provide an out-bound scan... then the Distrubution Center screwed up. Unless they've changed that policy.
That was my understanding as well. Otherwise, how do they know what truck they are on? I don't think they are being straight with me. That's one of the reasons I'm hoping to catch the driver at the post office tomorrow -- I want to ask him whether he scans them in when he loads the truck

When I was expecting the eggs, there had been a recent scan. So I went to the PO on that Friday. A supervisor told me that it wasn't there yet. The Saturday morning scan showed it at my PO. I went to pick them up, but the supervisor couldn't find them. She said they must be on my delivery truck and that the driver didn't scan the package or the scan didn't register. She said she tried to call the driver, but he wasn't answering. I went home and was waiting at my mailbox in the rain when the driver showed up. He didn't have my eggs, and didn't seem interested in helping me until I told him what the supervisor had said and that she had been trying to call him.
He called her and was told that the package was at the PO! It was after hours, but he told me where to go to pick it up. When I got there the supervisor told me "It was on hold for pickup." I reminded her that I had been there to pick it up and that she was the one that told me that it wasn't there. They definitely don't take it seriously enough, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom