Vermont

I ended up working today so I can't get any new pictures for photo Friday, but here are some old good ones:

Apparently I feel like looking at chicks today.

Got another broody, lol. This is what happens when you take in seven 1 year old orps, I guess. Them plus all the other broody breeds around here mean I might keep getting chicks until November! Yeesh.

Last edited:
I'll check, Witchy might have laid a couple, and the partridge girls could start at any time. I'll peek in the coop tomorrow and see what's in there :)

Hi everyone! Just joining in, looks like a fun group! I'm from northwest VT and have a few Blue Laced Red Wyandottes. Hoping to start breeding next spring. Pretty new to chickens, so I'm always learning something new.

HI Amanda !!!

Welcome - I LOVE the look of blue laced !!! You just have to share pictures when you get a chance !

Is that horse in your Avatar yours? I have two - a quarter and a quarter/arab

The BLRW that I have are 'hatchery' birds, so they're not perfect. Still pretty though :) I'm getting breeder quality in the spring but I'm curious how these will turn out. I'll post pics later!

My avatar is my horse KC. She was a Standardbred/Mustang. She passed away in June of a suspected brain tumor. I had her for 20 years <3 I forgot that I used her photo when I started up, and it was a nice surprise to see her.

Ah - so sorry for your loss ! I had a Standarbred off the track - she was so awesome because she was so used to harnesses and such - I could do anything w/her :)

Back
Top Bottom