Vermont

I guess so - I have a short time window .....

Is there a better day coming up next week? Don't know Bakin's new work scheudle - Sundays are now hard for me too ...

Unfortunately I'm working all week again. Haven't heard from Baking, but she said she was good for 4:30 so you want to say 4:30 at pizza hut? I'm having a pizza craving, lol. We can switch to McDonald's if she says she has the kids.

It's okay, we didn't end up meeting :)

Well, the ravens broke into Sugar's nest AGAIN - poor bird, that's the second time. I think next time I'm going to have to just close her up entirely except to let her out once a day to eat and drink if she tries again. She and Hershey won't like that much. When she starts laying again her eggs are going straight in the 'bator because I need more females for Hershey and some for the WH boys so they don't try to mate with my hens until I can get their girlfriends from Holderread in the spring. I might just give up and order pekins from Ideal. Faster than incubating, but then I have to spend money instead of hatching eggs for free.

It's not Friday but we missed it this week so....photo Tuesday!

Splish splash! All three geese now share the pool. Here's just the two juveniles enjoying the fresh water right after a pool change.

One of this year's ayam cemani juveniles that I marked as a keeper. Looking really good! I think this one is a pullet.

YEA! Photo Tuesday! Took these yesterday:

3 year old hens: 2 Black Australorps, EE, 2 Faverolles and a Cubalaya under the picnic table

The other Cubalaya (under the lilac) one of the Anconas and Eos, 16 week old EE

The other 16 week old chicks were under the deck, they came out for pictures

and Eos ran under the deck!

Penelope - EE

The White Rocks. You can see one of the favored dust bath spots under the picnic table. Clever chickens, they made it themselves
wink.png

The Black Jersey Giants, a Rock and Eos

Athena - EE

Brice and Pyxis - you are so lucky with a flock that lets you take good pics - when I am out there they all mill around begging for food - and all I get are streaks - until they decide I don't have food and then they rush off of look for bugs in the bushes. ha ha

I wish mine were all well behaved for pictures! Scotch would not let me get a picture of him for anything today. He's turning out to quite a nice little cockerel but apparently having his picture taken is not something he enjoys.

Bruce, I love your flock! So colorful.

How are everyone's birds doing in all this rain? My entire backyard is a puddle. The waterfowl are having a blast. The chickens and guineas are not as impressed.

Back
Top Bottom