Vermont

Hello everyone! My name is Castiel (or Cas, either one) and I live in Caledonia County. I have 9 Watermaal bantams and don't let how long I've had an account fool you, they aren't even a month old yet. Glad to see other people from the area are into the hobby!

Hello everyone! My name is Castiel (or Cas, either one) and I live in Caledonia County. I have 9 Watermaal bantams and don't let how long I've had an account fool you, they aren't even a month old yet. Glad to see other people from the area are into the hobby!
How fun. They are very beautiful birds with good combs for the winters here. Are they your first?

I am not that far from you.

How fun. They are very beautiful birds with good combs for the winters here. Are they your first?

I am not that far from you.
They are! I do have experience hatching and carrying for chickens from helping friends who used to have them which I feel has helped a lot though.

They are! I do have experience hatching and carrying for chickens from helping friends who used to have them which I feel has helped a lot though.
That is how I started out, too. It is nice to be familiar when you start, for sure. This site filled in most of the rest!

I have a whole rat pack. My kids are always wanting new breeds, so we get a couple every spring. Here is what I have right now.

- An Ameruacana and barred rock rooster (Roo and Stony)
- 3 austrolorps (Tiger, Frankie, and Henrietta)
- 3 brahmas (Ivy (light), Leah (buff), and Anastasia (dark))
- 2 buff orpingtons (Penny, Rapunzel)
- 2 california whites (Starlight and Nyx)
- 2 green light eggers (Squirrel and Amaia)
- 2 black sex-links (Ducky and Mia)
- 1 golden comet (Amber)
- 1 salmon faverolle (Harley Quinn)
- 1 silver laced wyandotte (Scarlett)
- 1 whiting true blue (Eligo)

My kids come up with the names. I think I named Harley and Stony. Did you name yours? We are about to add again in two weeks, too. More naming!

Back
Top Bottom