Vermont

It's nearby but I haven't been there yet myself. A friend got several silkie pullets from Sugar Feather and some day-old chicks that her daughter's class hatched. She had nothing but great things to say about it.

It's nearby but I haven't been there yet myself. A friend got several silkie pullets from Sugar Feather and some day-old chicks that her daughter's class hatched. She had nothing but great things to say about it.
OK, Great! There is one thread on here that sounded like they were totally trashing Sugar Feather Farms and yet none of them have ever ordered from them!

Hi Vermonters, I'm in Brandon and have an "accidental" cockerel, an Easter Egger about 4-5 weeks old (from Paris FU) - Can anyone help me find a flock for him? I have only five girls and a fairly small run, and simply don't want to keep a rooster. I realize this happens a lot and perhaps the chance of rehoming him is slim, but I thought I'd give it a try. Also, it'd be nice to encounter some other nearby chicken people. Thanks for any assistance! :)

Hi Vermonters, I'm in Brandon and have an "accidental" cockerel, an Easter Egger about 4-5 weeks old (from Paris FU) - Can anyone help me find a flock for him? I have only five girls and a fairly small run, and simply don't want to keep a rooster. I realize this happens a lot and perhaps the chance of rehoming him is slim, but I thought I'd give it a try. Also, it'd be nice to encounter some other nearby chicken people. Thanks for any assistance! :)

Hi! I can't help you with your cockerel, but I'm not too far from you. Are you on Facebook? If you are, you could try posting in the Vermont Bird Fanciers club page.

Hi! I can't help you with your cockerel, but I'm not too far from you. Are you on Facebook? If you are, you could try posting in the Vermont Bird Fanciers club page.
Hi Pyxis, Thanks! I've heard of Vermont Bird Fanciers but alas no, I'm not on Facebook and don't really know anyone who is... I could write up something with photos and contact info, and perhaps someone here who's in the club might be kind enough to post it for me? I'm reluctant to ask strangers to do this for me as it might be rather an imposition -- but if you or anyone reading this is willing to help in that way I'd really appreciate it!

Hi Pyxis, Thanks! I've heard of Vermont Bird Fanciers but alas no, I'm not on Facebook and don't really know anyone who is... I could write up something with photos and contact info, and perhaps someone here who's in the club might be kind enough to post it for me? I'm reluctant to ask strangers to do this for me as it might be rather an imposition -- but if you or anyone reading this is willing to help in that way I'd really appreciate it!

I don't mind posting it for you :)

Hi Vermont!
I’m in Addison County, and I have a 2 year old lavender orpington rooster in desperate need of a home!! He is healthy, a good protector of the flock, likes to be picked up and carried around, and is not overly aggressive with the ladies.
The chickies free range, and he has been getting increasingly territorial of the coop and the yard. However, he would do great in an enclosed coop area!
Sadly, he’s at the point where, if he can’t find a home soon, he’ll have to be euthanized. It would break my heart to see a happy boy like him go. If anyone is interested, please respond so we can figure out a way for him to get to his new home!!

Hi Vermont!
I’m in Addison County, and I have a 2 year old lavender orpington rooster in desperate need of a home!! He is healthy, a good protector of the flock, likes to be picked up and carried around, and is not overly aggressive with the ladies.
The chickies free range, and he has been getting increasingly territorial of the coop and the yard. However, he would do great in an enclosed coop area!
Sadly, he’s at the point where, if he can’t find a home soon, he’ll have to be euthanized. It would break my heart to see a happy boy like him go. If anyone is interested, please respond so we can figure out a way for him to get to his new home!!
Have you tried craigslist? I have had great luck using that. There is also FPF, that works well, too, in case no one responds on here. I'm sure someone wants a lavender orpington roo.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom