Vermont

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by chicktasticvt, Mar 17, 2008.

1. oldmossinger

oldmossinger Out Of The Brooder

Oct 4, 2009
    Holland, VT
    Another one from Holland!!! Welcome!!

2. toto65

toto65 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 26, 2010
    Holland, VT
    Quote:Another person from Holland! WHOO HOO!!!

3. Russo's Roost

Russo's Roost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Morrisville VT
    Hi Vermonters:
    You probably have seenteh weather report, 30 below zero is ocming soon. What is everyone else doing, I plan totake my chicks in the basement for a couple of days. I have never done this before, does anyone have any coments or suggestions? What is everyone else planning?

4. pigcoon

pigcoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Vermont
    I'm hoping the red heat lamp will be enough......

5. Keara

Keara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 24, 2009
    Vermont
    Well it only go down to about -18 here in Bristol. Oddly enough the girls have decided it is now time to start laying again; found a hidden nest in the hay-pile. Looks like everyone here did fine with the cold. I feel as long as they can get out of the wind, have thawed water and, lots of good food, they are fine. I have not used a heat lamp in years, and I've never lost one to cold. Well that's not true, I did have one top-hat rooster who couldn't find his way back to the coop on a windy wintery day, get bad frostbite on his feet and I had to put him down. But I don't count him as his head feathers made it hard for him to see even when there wasn't a blizzard.

6. TimG

TimG Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2008
    Maine
    It was -22 this morning at 7:00 (here in my part of Maine). The chickens all survived the night without any heat. And, I even found three eggs today (about 12 hens).

7. pigcoon

pigcoon Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 22, 2009
    Vermont
    Mine did o.k. also, though I found them huddled around the lamp this morning.

8. Vt-ridgerunner

Vt-ridgerunner Out Of The Brooder

Apr 2, 2009
    Holland, Vt
    Well all my girls made it through the worst weather could throw at em. With no heat lamp what so ever and they all continued to lay right straight through, what troopers. AND no Frostbite. I will tell you all the truth was a little worried with the 36 below temp and all.

9. latebloomer

latebloomer Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 10, 2011
    green mountain state
    montpelier here.

looking for blue orpington pullets.
    any tips?

10. One Acre Wonder Farm

One Acre Wonder Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 20, 2009
    Vermont
    Quote:Hi latebloomer!

You could try messaging Renie's Peeps (hope I spelled that right). She may not have anything right now, but may in the coming months?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by